SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Camaro, 2006 Honda Odyssey, 2018 S90 T8, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know how much current is drawn on Level 1 charging. I'm guessing that a timer with a 15 amp rating is sufficient but perhaps someone has more definite information.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid it would require a 20 amp rated timer which aren't very common.

·
Registered
129 Posts
(minor update) the stock Volvo charger draws 11amps on a 15a circuit. I found another one that works on a 20A circuit in the carport and draws 15.5A. It's still Level 1 by the books, but it does draw a bit more.
Are you using the timer to make it charge only at night? I do wish they would add that simple feature to the system, I can't believe it would be that difficult. :(

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
(minor update) the stock Volvo charger draws 11amps on a 15a circuit. I found another one that works on a 20A circuit in the carport and draws 15.5A. It's still Level 1 by the books, but it does draw a bit more.
Are you using the timer to make it charge only at night? I do wish they would add that simple feature to the system, I can't believe it would be that difficult. :(
Are you super serial? Al, I'm pretty sure climate change was supposed to kill us 5 years ago. :ROFLMAO:

Wrong, it draws 11.5 amps at 110v (Level 1). Measured with a Kill-A-Watt.

Wrong again, Level 2 charging is 240v at 16 amps. This is the published Volvo spec.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wound up using a 15 amp rated timer which is used to charge at night. What is considerably more inconvenient are the times when I do want to charge during the day. Rather than a 5 second swipe of the screen as on our Pacifica, I have to go to the other side of the garage and either unplug the cord and move it to the unused receptacle or put the timer on bypass. Either way, to undo it, I have to repeat everything.
I'm amazed, compared to the Pacifica or the Camry hybrid we had, at the lack of hybrid related information that the T8 has. Considering that it is the premier trim level, that's just unacceptable to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts