SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly 7 years after xeroxing passports, we're doing it again.

2013 S80 3.2 FLAMENCO RED with sandstone interior.

Thanks to Bob at University Volvo for hooking me up, first, with the license plate frame 7 years ago, and now, with a new S sticker to replace my weathered one. I hustled the documents back to FedEx as fast as I could.

North Carolina is gonna be fun when the Ohio front plate comes off and the OSD plate goes back on!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
What a coincidence!

Here's a similar story...

The colors are reversed (red to blue instead of blue to red) and the models are different but the time frame is about the same.

Seven years ago, Margaret ordered a Ruby Red XC90 from me and picked it up in Sweden.

It was her first OSD Volvo.

Last Saturday I delivered her second OSD Volvo to her - A Caspian Blue XC60 - just in time for her to attend her son's graduation from college.

She had a fantastic time on both of her trips to Sweden.

Bob, what do you think?

Perhaps there's a 7 year OSD itch to buy and fly again going around...

Hopefully it's contagious : )

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
What a coincidence!

The colors are reversed (red to blue instead of blue to red) and the models are different but the time frame is about the same.

Seven years ago, Margaret ordered a Ruby Red XC90 from me and picked it up in Sweden.

Last Saturday I delivered her second OSD Volvo to her - A Caspian Blue XC60 - just in time for her to attend her son's graduation from college.

Bob, what do you think?

Oh no......I cannot wait 7 years for my second trip!!!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
I love these kinds of stories :) I agree 7 yrs is too long between OSD's, but Volvos do last a long time, so I guess we can't find fault in waiting 7 yrs for the newness to wear off an OSD V50 before taking another trip for a new S60 :)
I am sitting here recalling a number of customers who have done multiple OSD trips (including myself). For those who love the adventure and the ability to custom order a new Volvo, it is the ONLY way to buy get a new car.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I love these kinds of stories :) I agree 7 yrs is too long between OSD's, but Volvos do last a long time, so I guess we can't find fault in waiting 7 yrs for the newness to wear off an OSD V50 before taking another trip for a new S60 :)
I am sitting here recalling a number of customers who have done multiple OSD trips (including myself). For those who love the adventure and the ability to custom order a new Volvo, it is the ONLY way to buy get a new car.
Could not agree more..........

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Our S60 hadn't arrived in the US yet when Mary was already talking about another OSD when it is time to replace her car.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
;) I think this happens a lot.

One day we will do #3. Bob, you're not planning retirement any time soon are you?

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
442 Posts
What a coincidence!

Bob, what do you think?

Aha!

Bob- that totally explains "last year's OSD attempts".. That would have been 7 yrs for us as well...now, we are waiting on Volvo for an "appropriate" V50 replacement product to come to the U.S.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Our S60 hadn't arrived in the US yet when Mary was already talking about another OSD when it is time to replace her car.
David......our wives may be in cahoots........we too are thinking about a second adventure off in the future....XC60? XC90?

The planning is at least a third of the fun!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dreaming..............

·
Registered
79 Posts
My wife started looking to see what Volvo had that she liked to replace her 2009 Lexus ES350 back at the auto show in February. She had her heart set on doing a second OSD. After reading the article in Motor Trend, http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1205_sport_luxury_sedan_comparison/, her mind was made up. It would be a S60. First OSD was in 2008 to take delivery of my C30. This time we’ll be taking delivery of a S60 on August 22. Not sure when or if there will be a third OSD.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
My wife started looking to see what Volvo had that she liked to replace her 2009 Lexus ES350 back at the auto show in February. She had her heart set on doing a second OSD. After reading the article in Motor Trend, http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1205_sport_luxury_sedan_comparison/, her mind was made up. It would be a S60. First OSD was in 2008 to take delivery of my C30. This time we’ll be taking delivery of a S60 on August 22. Not sure when or if there will be a third OSD.
I have had my S60 for about 1,000 miles now and could not be happier!!! I know there was a lot of discussion on SS, but I love BLIS...............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts