SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my dirt cheap T5. Trying to assess the severity of it's problems to figure out if it's an organ donor or a jewel in the rough. It has been sitting with a dead battery at a Copart lot or a few weeks, so i'm sure some of the codes are crap. These are the results of my Dice unit:

BCM 0057 Power supply too low
BCM 0058 Power supply too high --- dead battery code?
BCM 0109 Communication between control units
BCM 0147 Pedal position sensor signal outside of range --- Maybe needs a pedal position sensor?

TCM 0020 Vehicle speed sensor faulty signal
TCM 002C Gear 5 Incorrect gear ratio --- Maybe a bad solenoid on the valve body?
TCM 002F lock up function slipping or not engaged --- Usually a death code? Caused by a bad speed sensor?

SAS 002 Control module internal fault
SAS 0010 Steering wheel angle sensor --- Likely needs a clock spring

So, the real question is, what are your thoughts on the TCM codes?? Ocean has said before that 002F is usually a death code, but not if it is associated with 0020. What's the relationship between the speed sensor and the the 002F Tranny slipping code?
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...-TCM-002F-2-months-after-transmission-rebuild

Put a new speed sensor in and it'll be fixed? Or....???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got my dirt cheap T5. Trying to assess the severity of it's problems to figure out if it's an organ donor or a jewel in the rough. It has been sitting with a dead battery at a Copart lot or a few weeks, so i'm sure some of the codes are crap. These are the results of my Dice unit:

BCM 0057 Power supply too low
BCM 0058 Power supply too high --- dead battery code?
BCM 0109 Communication between control units
BCM 0147 Pedal position sensor signal outside of range --- Maybe needs a pedal position sensor?

TCM 0020 Vehicle speed sensor faulty signal
TCM 002C Gear 5 Incorrect gear ratio --- Maybe a bad solenoid on the valve body?
TCM 002F lock up function slipping or not engaged --- Usually a death code? Caused by a bad speed sensor?

SAS 002 Control module internal fault
SAS 0010 Steering wheel angle sensor --- Likely needs a clock spring

So, the real question is, what are your thoughts on the TCM codes?? Ocean has said before that 002F is usually a death code, but not if it is associated with 0020. What's the relationship between the speed sensor and the the 002F Tranny slipping code?
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...-TCM-002F-2-months-after-transmission-rebuild

Put a new speed sensor in and it'll be fixed? Or....???
If the car drives wipe the codes and see what ones pop back up. No use in chasing problems that don't exist. Let us know what things look like after a fresh wipe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Agreed, clear'em and see what happens. Be sure to check fluid level/quality in the trans. If its black and smells like burnt crayons well that may indicate an issue. Typically if its a pressure problem it will start to show its ugly head once the transmission gets hot and the fluid viscosity starts to thin. Low/dead battery will cause all kinds of crazy ass codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts