SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: (juve021)

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=96831

Two of the failed photos:

I think his name is Sam? They were one-offs and he still has the templates and mentioned the option of mailing them out.

Since they're done on the non-structured part of the hood, as seen by the S2000 shots in my post, you do not need the trim pieces.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: (sh8kdwn)

The guy that started that whole trend on the S2K scene is a Queens native. I'll probably head over there with the T5 if I'm feeling dangerous.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: (juve021)

As mentioned, the headlamp is a PS of what I'd like my current project to look similar to.

Rain entry really isn't a problem, as your engine sees much worse... I had been worried and have considered a draining mechanism, but there are plenty of folks who have done a LOT of cutting and just leave their engines almost entirely exposed.

Quote, originally posted by nsxinsac »

"As far as rain, I never had problems with my Scoot hood on my FD3S and the vents were literally right over my battery. I drove it in the rain and washed it at least once a week for about a year and I never had any problems at all. Also my tech that did all the work on my FD3S told me not to worry. He was right in this case. "

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: (StealthyS60R)

..and the same could be said of the compressor side

I think folks realized that the heat transfer from the OTE pipe was so marginal that a lower engine bay heat did not matter terribly much in that aspect.

Better airflow through the radiator, condenser, and IC would be the main benefit I believe. I'm still a strong proponent of the fender liner vents http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.