SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and no I don't want to talk about Evolve's.

I believe Athruc had a post about these awhile ago but it never went anywhere...

Looking for something like this:

Anyone know where I can find these or something similar?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Lets talk hood vents/grills (sh8kdwn)

Oh nice shots!

In the first pic, I know Athruc wanted to do a grill in the middle section, closest to the firewall. I would even be cool with two smaller vents taking the shape of those sections on either side of the that middle piece, again closes to the firewall.

I was even thinking about getting alittle more techy with it, maybe having louvres that close once the wipers come on?!?!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, not the greatest placement for functionality but for looks, I agree its awesome!

I'd be more for doing this to cool the engine bay than for an intake so the air filter location is a wash. I think Athruc's location would be ideal

But to my original question, does anyone actually make these? Or does one have to fabricate them oneself? I would think universal ones would do the job, no?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (AthruC)

Quote, originally posted by AthruC »
I think his name is Sam? They were one-offs and he still has the templates and mentioned the option of mailing them out.

Since they're done on the non-structured part of the hood, as seen by the S2000 shots in my post, you do not need the trim pieces.

Ah man, you've known this all this time and never told me!!! LOL. Get'er done Adam! I think either the two sides or one over the middle would be money! If the guy already has the forms for the two, some of the work is already done! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (epicV70R)

Quote, originally posted by epicV70R »
What damage would that do on a rainy day? And where did that guy get those projector style headlights? They look sweet!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Yeah thats a major factor in place, water entry, unless you were to use a mechanical louvre or flap to open and close.

Those pics are photoshopped, including the headlight. Looks good tho huh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.