SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to go about replacing this part?<p>Thanks to another photo-filled post on this forum I was able to remove the door panel, then, if anyone is familiar with it, I was able to unbolt and move ever so slightly the stainless steel (?) panel with all of the door components.<p>There's a door latch cable that comes from behind this panel close to the rear edge of the door, that would be the inside of the door opposite of where the outside handle would be. The glass-raising mechanism is riveted to this steel panel I believe so I couldn't figure out a way to get the panel out. Because of that I just put things back together and gave up for the time being.<p>The overall problem being that the strands of metal that make up that cable loop (which loops around the inside door handle) snapped completely.<p>Dealership fix?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: Let's just say your door latch cable is broken... (davidklaw)

If it snapped in a spot in the middle I'd almost see if some shop could somehow attach them together via a weld or something. because from my firsthand experience just having to get that stupid thing back into its connection spot on the door it is one of stupidest designs ever and took forever. I would say I'd take it to the dealer if I ever had to mess with that again. Probably easy for them with the right tools and instructions how to get it out and replaced.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Let's just say your door latch cable is broken... (carreragt7)

Unfortunately it wasn't a break in the middle. It looks like whatever connection was made to the hook on the handle completely snapped off so it's looking a lot like some frayed wire right now.<p>And I agree, it's a terrible design for a DIY'er like myself to work with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts