SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realize the V-60 is very new but a request to the few V-60 owners. What are your likes and dislikes??

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
No V60 coming to the US....you know that, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there, been reading this forum for a couple of months without getting around to register, but i take this opportunity to finally register and post some pictures of my Ocean Race V60 DRIVe. I bought (well, more excactly leased..) the car December 2011, and have put 3700km into it so far. Here are some pictures.

The day the car arrived on the truck. I work as a Volvo mechanic/technician at a Volvodealer right at the boarder between Norway and Sweden. We are located about 200km from Torslanda, Gotenbourgh where the car was built, so the car lives pretty close to where it was built.

As delivered on 18" Ocean Race wheels and protective foil still on.

Front of the car, beatifull blue color on the Ocean Race! The colordifference you can see is because the hood was covered in protection foil and is clean, and the bumper is dirty from the truck transport.

Rear after wash, polishing, wax and debadging.

Anotherone of the rear. Did i mentioned that i LOVE that color!

I ordered the car with tinted windows, after this picture was taken i also have got the front side windows tinted, but just a wery light tint to have good visibility out and to not get into trouble with the law. Here you can also see my 16" Winterwheels.

I hope you can see the pictures, it`s the first time i try to use a dropbox public folder to a discussion board. Let me know if you can`t see them right.

And sorry for any poor language and miss-spelled words. It`s been some years since i learned English in school, and even if i read alot of English, it`s seldom i need to write. So this is wery good practice to me!

We come from the land of the ice and snow
from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde and sing and cry, Valhalla, I am coming

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Beautiful car, Dimmur! What's the interior like? Does it have sleek blue aluminum inlays and blue stitching?

·
Registered
121 Posts
After 14 months of ownership and 20000km I'm still very happy with the car - so there aren't whole lot of dislikes... ;) What comes to mind:
- No manual transmission option for D5 AWD - if Volvo offered that combination (they do in the XC60 and XC70 BTW) I would have gone for AWD. Since they don't, I went with FWD. To be hones, I haven't needed AWD once in the last 14 months - therefore not a significant problem

- Fuel consumption is slightly higher than I had hoped. I'm averaging 7.3l/100km - I had hoped for something around 6.5 to 7. Of course it just might have something to do with the fact that I regularly take the car up to north of 200km/h if the regulations allow - and they do far to often... *ggg* Driving at those speeds really kills fuel economy.

- I'd have liked the turning circle of the car to be a bit smaller - getting my car into it's common parking space in a rather tight parking garage is really a PITA...

Just about everything else... :D Especially the polestar'ed D5 engine and Four-C.

On a side note: I'm getting a bit envious of my father who will probably buy a V40 this fall - lots of cool features in that car that I couldn't get because they weren't available at the time. But that's life (or progress) and you really can't count that as a dislike towards the V60...

@Dimmur: Great car! I absolutely adore Ocean Race Blue and would definitely have gotten an Ocean Race model If they had been available when I bought!

As for pics of my car, I'm just going to point any interested parties to a thread I posted last summer... :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
It has black leather with blue stiching, not to flashy, imho very tasteful. It also includes special floor mats, a luggage compartment cover with ocean race logo, logo in seats, logo treadplate and a special sailing inspired aluminium inlay on the center console.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And since the V40 is mentioned, it`s all over the news here in Skandinavia these days. It`s amazing how many features they have gotten into that car! How about an pedestrian airbag that lifts the hood and cover the front winows and A-pillars, if you should be unlucky enough to hit a pedestrian despite City safety and pedestrian detection with full autobrake.

Here are Volvos official info about it:

http://www.volvocars.com/intl/campaigns/v40_launch/pages/default.aspx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Dimmur - what are those OEM wheels called - not the ones with the winter tires?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those are 18" Argus wheels - another Ocean Race exclusive...

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Do you have a part number on those?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I've had my V60 T6 awd R-design Polestar since December 15th - I LOVE IT!

Ice White, Dark, dark windows, 18" Fortuna Diamond Cut with unstudded winter tires right now. All options possible from the factory, plus front parking camera and some other stuff added at my dealer.

One of the best cars I've ever had! The only "downside" right now is the T6-engine + Polestar. It's too fast!! :D :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dimmur, thank you very much for posting those detailed photos. The Ocean Race Editions have always been the best from Volvo. Your OCE V-60 is very impressive. By the way, your english is better than most of the SS inputs.

Hope you enjoy every km while strapped into that beautiful driver's seat. And hopefully, one day Volvo will offer the V-60 in the USA.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Does the V60 have that same cool instrument cluster as the V40?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had my T6 V60 for about 6 months now. Absolutely love it. Not many around in Sydney.

My only complaint would be the cludgy controls for navigation. Can't use voice control to enter a destination. Only to repeat guidance commands and cancel a route!!. Touch screen would be much better.

Have never seen another chameleon blue pearl V60 or S60.

Other than that, i absolutely love it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
VNS doesn't understand the Australian accent ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have never seen another chameleon blue pearl V60 or S60.
How did you manage to get a chameleon blue V60? AFAIK that color isn't offered on the V60 (or the V/XC70, XC90 or S80 for that matter) as that color is only available in Gent and not in Torslanda where the V60 is built. I'm really confused...

Very nice car, anyway!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
This thread is making me very jealous. =(

Let's make it worse. You guys have a spare tire, don't you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts