SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like last year, lets make this one the first weekend of May. I know a great spot, and had a little mini meet there with Rob and a Turbo Bricks guy in November if I recall. It's that look out just off the Ottawa River Parkway near Lincoln Fields. Great little spot with a nice sized parking lot over looking the river. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

So:

Date: Saturday, May 6th
Time: Noon
Location: Ottawa River Look-out parking lot off the Ottawa River Parkway (see map)

In case of rain or what ever mother nature can throw at us, the meet will be postponed for the next day, Sunday, May 7th at Noon.

Here is a map both in road and sat. format.

Now, the parking lot is split into 2 sections. I'm going to see if I can arrive early and sort of section off the further area with pylons. But if I end up getting hassled by police, I'll figure something out. I've heard it's pretty difficult to actually book that space legally, either way, this should work out nicely. And BRING YOUR CAMERAS!!!!!!! Lets take lots of pics!

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Re: Let's have another Ottawa Volvo Meet-Up (C70drvr)

Ed,

I would ask that the CCC Forum be used for VCOA Chapter events and issues, and not as the venue for promoting private events.

As you have alluded to, the National Capital Commission is responsible for managing the parks and recreation spaces along the Ottawa River Parkway. The NCC expressly forbids the type of unsanctioned activity that you propose and has given the RCMP the authority to enforce its regulations through a "ticket and tow" policy. The potential for this to occur is very high, as the RCMP frequently patrol the Parkway on the weekend.

I'm sure you can appreciate that Canada's Capital Chapter cannot become associated with events that violate the wishes of local government or the federal police. We're a socially-responsible, law abiding chapter of an international club that values its excellent reputation. It is for this reason that we have advised our members that your proposed event is neither endorsed by the Chapter nor advisable to attend.

Canada's Capital Chapter advises members of the date, time and location of its monthly Pub Nights and other social events. The Chapter has a summer calendar which was reviewed and approved by the membership at the February Pub Night.

If you are not receiving Chapter e-mail notices, it's either because:

1. You're not a member of Canada's Capital Chapter of the VCOA; or
2. We goofed.

I have a membership list that was up-to-date as of February 2006. If you joined after that period, please provide me with your membership number (printed on your VCOA membership card) and the expiry date. This will enable me to correct any oversight made by the Chapter or the national secretariat.

If you're not yet a member of the VCOA, I would recommend that you visit the club site at http://www.vcoa.org. Club fees are very reasonable (less than the price of a tank of gasoline for your C70 at today's prices) in relation to the benefits.

Canada's Capital Chapter of the VCOA is not a philanthropic trust. We're a club chapter that properly organizes responsible and sanctioned events for its members.

Many thanks,

Paul Grimshaw
Chapter Secretary

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Let's have another Ottawa Volvo Meet-Up (RearWheelPaul)

Is there any possible way to register without using Visa, MC or Discover Card? The only reason I haven't joined yet, is because I don't have a credit card of any sort. I'm stuck.

And yes these little meets are not VCOA related in any way, however, this seems to be the only location on Swedespeed where local member's seem to look.

It's still a meet-up, in a public parking lot that everyone has access to. It may not be VCOA related, but it's still something to discuss other than when the next pub night will be.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Re: Let's have another Ottawa Volvo Meet-Up (C70drvr)

Quote, originally posted by C70drvr »
Is there any possible way to register without using Visa, MC or Discover Card?

Yes. You can mail a check or money order to VCOA. Their address is listed on their website. Just down the road in Afton, NY -- 3-4 days by mail.

Quote, originally posted by C70drvr »
And yes these little meets are not VCOA related in any way, however, this seems to be the only location on Swedespeed where local member's seem to look.

Try: http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=87

As I've mentioned before, most Chapter Members receive their news by e-mail notification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.