SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little more room in the tailgate, and I'd really like to avoid the loss of feeling that comes with a higher ride.

I really hope the V90 comes here in the US as a non-Cross Country Estate. I know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I need a little more room in the tailgate, and I'd really like to avoid the loss of feeling that comes with a higher ride.

I really hope the V90 comes here in the US as a non-Cross Country Estate. I know I'm not the only one.
If no surprise, V90CC will have the higher ride and almost same cargo space as V90. Not a better choice?

Meanwhile V90/V90CC/V60/V60CC all 4 wagon models together sounds a lot redundant. Not sure what Volvo will plan to make V60/V60CC more unique.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That depends what you want. I bought an R-Design V60 because I wanted the T6 AWD powertrain with Polestar tune, but after driving some loaners I've really come to appreciate the lowered sport chassis and would not want to go back to a lifted wagon or anything with a numb ride / steering feel. An Inscription V90 with 4C Air Suspension and a good sport mode or an R-Design with a lowered sport chassis and spring suspension (maybe magnetic if we're super lucky?) would be much more desirable to me. If I can't have a sporty ride because of no lowered sport chassis, I at least want a sedan-like one. Not some floaty cross country experience.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Here, here ... clamor, clamor!

I agree, Volvo ... please don't sell the US market short again and only give us CC's. Many of us don't want, or need, a jacked up truck-wagon.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sign me up. I'd much rather have a "plain" wagon than a CC or XC. This sedan is fine for now but I'll likely want to return to a more rectangular ride as lease end approaches.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I also want a V90, AWD, Polestar upgrade, Red exterior and the Beechwood interior. NO Cross Country version, that is what the XC90 is for. I'll also take an R design but with interior colors other than Black.
Tell Marketing to listen to what the customers (Read, those that buy the product) WANT, rather than what they "think" those customer should have. It is our money, let us have what we want!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Dear Volvo,

Please send us an S90 Coupe (not too expensive please) or an S60 Coupe.

Also, please keep the CC versions home in Sweden.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The Audi A6 Allroad has the same static ride height as the A6 Avant, despite a slightly bigger wheel/tire diameter, so the air suspension gives the best of both world's, unlike the A4 Allroad or current CC Volvos.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Also, please keep the CC versions home in Sweden.
NO Cross Country version, that is what the XC90 is for.
Meanwhile V90/V90CC/V60/V60CC all 4 wagon models together sounds a lot redundant.
Why is it a bad thing if they decide to give the US market the same option as the rest of the world? I can't see why letting you choose between the V90 and the CC would be a bad thing and I definitely can't see how it would be redundant. The more options the better, right?

And to be fair, the reason why you aren't getting the V70 is because the XC70 was outselling it in the US hence making it to expensive to keep it on the market.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The more options the better, right?
That's how I feel. I just want to be able to get the wagon that's right for me, not be forced to settle for something that almost falls short of making it worth having a wagon over a crossover.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Well, we never got a chance to have the P3 V70 with a T6 so that probably didn't help potential sales. Sure the CC/XC's are popular over here, but mostly in the snow-belt areas of the US. If I lived up there I might think twice about getting one, even though I dislike the raised suspension and all the cladding (personal taste).

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Indeed. I would have likely picked up a V70 T6 AWD if one had been available in 2011.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm one that prefers a regular wagon as well however, the jacked up wagon (CC/XC) and CUV/SUV is what is being purchased a lot more in the US these days so they will sell what the larger volume of people want.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hopefully they sell both, though.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Matt,

Enjoy your V60 R-design for another year. ;)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
If Volvo puts air suspension on the V90XC/CC and borrows the design language from the new XC90/V60 CC and not the XC70 they will be fine with just an XC/CC version IMHO. It's the lack of AWD that turned off buyers from the V70 here in the states. I know a lot of people who won't own a non AWD car. I'm one of them. Additionally, the V70 is too heavy for FWD. Which really narrows the one I can buy to a used P2R if I want a V70 or a current XC70. Case and point. I own a V70R because it's an AWD V70. Among other things... The fundamental flaw with every XC since 98 is the ground clearance increase isn't optional like on an Allroad/Range Rover where there's air suspension.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Matt,

Enjoy your V60 R-design for another year. ;)
I've still got 21 months with it!

I'm hoping one of the local dealers will have a nice well equipped first year V90 when I go to trade in, and that second years will be rolling out and the deals will be sweet. ;)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I personally don't care whether I have AWD or not, but if we do get the new non-XC V90 here in the states I'm sure it will be AWD and I'm okay with that.

Back to the P3 V70, IF Volvo had offered the T6 motor then AWD would've been a given (think S80 and of course the XC70). A 300hp motor isn't going to play nice with a FWD tranny. I still think their sales numbers would've been better with the turbo motor, but that's just my opinion. I have no idea what the sales numbers were/are for the current XC70, but I hardly ever see one on the road, which makes me wonder how the V90 will fare over here in any form.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well you do live in Florida. Not exactly prime XC territory.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts