SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4000 miles and two trips to dealer later, turbo is finally working in my car. Let's just say I can finally smile again, even though I still got dusted by a M3. <br>Both visit they claimed the problem was turbo control valve, and the 2nd time it took them 4 days to complete the work.<p>New problem, when I come to a slow stop, there's a noise I can't describe right before the car stops, sounds like a metal rubbing sound, a low pitch whine of some sort. Any one has any idea what I am talking about?<br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by mister2cool at 9:09 AM 8-7-2006</i>

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: Let there be boost (mister2cool)

ive got that same sound sometimes. sounds almost like moving a heavy piece of furniture on a wood floor? i think it is the brakes that make that rubbing sound when moving slowly, could be a rotor alignment issue, hopefully someone will shed some light

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Let there be boost (Elmoworld)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Elmoworld</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive got that same sound sometimes. sounds almost like moving a heavy piece of furniture on a wood floor?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>YESSSSS, that's exactly it!!!! <br>They did change brake pads since I complained the brake has been squeeching like crazy, guess they messed up something else in the process?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Let there be boost (mister2cool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mister2cool</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4000 miles and two trips to dealer later, turbo is finally working in my car. Let's just say I can finally smile again, even though I still got dusted by a M3. <br>Both visit they claimed the problem was turbo control valve, and the 2nd time it took them 4 days to complete the work.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>So in the end it was the turbo control valve? They must have taken their time diagnosing it because you literally can change it in about 5 mintues. <p>Glad to hear you finally have boost! We knew you had a problem when you were getting dusted by mid 80's Camrys!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Let there be boost (needsdecaf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>needsdecaf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So in the end it was the turbo control valve? They must have taken their time diagnosing it because you literally can change it in about 5 mintues. <p>Glad to hear you finally have boost! We knew you had a problem when you were getting dusted by mid 80's Camrys! </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Funny thing is by day 3 they still had no idea what the problem was. I knew I had a major problem when the loaner 2.5T was way faster than the R.<p>They also warrantied my bubbled tire and the scratched rim it's on, so that was sort of nice of them, saved me time to file claim for wheel\tire insurance.<p>They actually claim that bubbles are not covered by the insurance, anyone with MY06 familiar with the wheel\tire insurance that comes with the car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts