SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Negotiated as part of our recent XC60 purchase...and I'm kidding on the bidding. This one is going on the shelf for when the sticker eventually peels off!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
cab, I've got my 52.5K check-up in a week or so(out of warranty since I PAID FULL STICKER TO GET ONE OF THE FIRST XC60s IN TEXAS IN MARCH '09 and didn't get the later-offered extended S&S/warranty...NO, I'm not bitter ;) ). We'll see what they say about a 'customer satisfaction' replacement for this multi-Volvo customer!

Who knew THIS was one of the parts we might want to have 'in reserve' as our Volvos get a little age on them?!!!? :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Negotiated as part of our recent XC60 purchase...and I'm kidding on the bidding. This one is going on the shelf for when the sticker eventually peels off!

So cab fill me in a little more. Our XC60 goes on the ship next week and I did not study the emblem. Is this a replacement or an improved version? And a part number too?
Jon

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So cab fill me in a little more. Our XC60 goes on the ship next week and I did not study the emblem. Is this a replacement or an improved version? And a part number too?
Jon
Based on my recent inspection of our ''11 C70, this is something Volvo needs to make in plentiful supply! It wasn't 'improved' a year ago, that's for sure. Somebody shoulda got smacked for this design/application. Now that I think about it, was our '08 C70 the same??? We had no problems with that emblem sticker.

Now that I think about it some more, I might have a Glock, Kahr, Volkl or Babolat sticker that would fit! We could start a sticker of the month club! :)

How about 'Open other end' ?
'IF you can read this, I'M too close!'
'Hang up and drive!'
'Zoom-zoom' (I have one left from our '01 Tribute, but it's white on clear)

The possibilities are endless!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jon
I believe it is # 3 here
http://www.myvolvopartsonline.com/parts/2011/VOLVO/XC60/T6/?siteid=215507&vehicleid=1447099&diagram=9765010

Having said that be aware the R-Design emblem is MATTE SILVER whereas the Non-R-Design is CHROME so they are not interchangeable and I can't vouch for that number. I do not think the design is improved based on my scanning of the cars sitting on lots. The sad part is they don't just replace the sticker, but the whole emblem. It was really more of a "statement" for me than anything else since it is only $23. Volvo should be chewing out whichever supplier they are getting these from as it looks hideous when it flakes off, and they are backordered so folks get to drive around for a month or so waiting for the replacement. Given that this blazing blue VOLVO is, effectively, free advertising for Volvo you would think they would jump on it. I actually saw another passion red XC60 in the grocery store lot the other day...sure enough...missing blue (it is usually the blue that flakes off).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks. You remembered that we also have a Passion Red R-design. My wife is already not pleased we picked up a small rock chip on the hood in Norway. She (and I) will not be pleased if we have to do regular replacement of this emblem at 25 bucks a pop. Sounds like Volvo needs to get their supplier to send a roll of stickers to each dealer to pass out.
Jon
(fly home tomorrow - XC arrival mid June)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the sticker peeling a heat thing? Both of my cars emblems have nothing flaking at all and one has been outside for almost a year. Yeah, not much longer but garage and junk go together and I had just enough room for the 90. But, we don't get the blazing heat up for more than a couple of months, is that the failing for this? Of course I hear the air in Lago Vista area would peel paint on a navy boat. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be a heat thing - Coach and I are here in Texas (already starting to touch the 90's here), but would need some more folks to chime in. Of course, it gets hot in a lot of the U.S.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It could be a heat thing - Coach and I are here in Texas (already starting to touch the 90's here), but would need some more folks to chime in. Of course, it gets hot in a lot of the U.S.
Yep, it's gettin' toasty here! I don't find any real evidence of adhesive on the pieces that 'fell off' our '10 XC60; but one sliver that remains in place appears to be stuck forever ;) . I haven't beat on it or anything, but it sure seems fixed in place--just off center, about 1/4" wide, tapering to 'nothing' at one point. In other words, not a clean line of adhesive where you might expect it.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I believe our '11 C70 sticker is a bit loose on the edges. I don't want to futz with it too much. The car is just 12 months old and spends most of the daytime hours in the garage.

I could certainly replace my own sticker IF the big V would supply them! ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Very nice Merkin. Our XC is Electric Silver, so we could play around with colors, I suppose. And...thank you for your service!

Bit of an update...thanks for the reminder link, BTW. ;)

I may order a stock replacement AND something fun for later. I don't want the C70 to get jealous of any 'upgrades' we tack on the XC :) .

I wonder how the blue/yellow combo would look on the Electric Silver...might give that a shot as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts