SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep and at the local auction right next door to me. It was a manual silver sedan. With the dark tan seats. 114k. Cold a/c. Good clutch. No clunks or loose suspension. Ugly as sin on outside. Bad aftermarket wheels. I think aftermarket exhaust tips. Paint a lil rough. No dents But was a strong runner for the money. I took video but it’s kinda lame. I was so excited I could not think straight and then I missed it go thru because I was online at Manheim in atlanta bidding onanother car. I wanted to brush my teeth with a pistol.

·
Registered
16,842 Posts
LOL. Probably a good thing neither happened.
Ugly as sin on the outside and bad aftermarket wheels means it was probably poorly cared for. Gobi when nice, is not dark tan.
Glad you didn't use the wrong thing to brush teeth.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I wanted to brush my teeth with a pistol.
LOL!!! I've had days like that :(
Console yourself with the virtual certainty that there's a very good reason it ended up where it did ;)
It was probably horribly abused, and heck, let's just imagine it had a cracked cylinder too :D
And now, it's someone else's headache and they're just now realizing it :mad:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Don't even have to imagine it was abused it was

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't even have to imagine it was abused it was
I tell you it sure did run good and had great power! Clutch felt nice. Shifted nice. I got a bad YouTube video somewhere.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gobi! Yes it was more king ranch. Lol

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I can already tell you what's wrong with it and why its literally only worth a K at most...

It's an 04.

It needs a clock-spring at least. It definitely needs shocks too, and a timing belt probably, and a PCV, and the clutch slave is YOLO so who knows if it'll last a week or a decade.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh. Thanks for the reassurance.

·
Registered
16,842 Posts
100% +10.
That thing was torn up, man. The aftermarket wheels - I didn't see the brembo calipers. Maybe they were there, but probably not. Amazingly, it looked clean under the hood and had what appeared to be new hoses. My guess: someone bought it worse off than it is now, started down the repair and redo road and said F it. Too much money thrown in already. Dump!
Ahhh. Thanks for the reassurance.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Love how folks hate on the 04’s. In the end they may be all that’s left since the other years are becoming a connoisseurs Civic.

2004 S60R M66 Flash Green/Atacama
2004 V70R M66 Mystic Silver/Gobi
1997 S90
2005 XC90 V8 Magic Blue/Taupe
2008 S80 3.2 Shimmer Gold/Sandstone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
You get what you pay for. This SR is a disaster = part out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I ended up with a Saab 9-3 SportCombi so I averted disaster. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts