SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to pay tribute to the original 850 T-5R in Cream Yellow...

So I went ahead and did this...

For some reason the yellow looks freakishly bright in pictures... But in person the yellow really does look like the original Cream Yellow...

Hope ya'll like it!!! :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I like it. Is it painted, wrapped, or dipped?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
It looks PlasticDipped. I can see blotches and areas of coverage which hints at PlasticDipped - no PUN, just that is how it is.

I'm not a Yellow car fan, don't care if it was the 850 T5-R Cream Yellow or Flying Yellow Ferrari, but the black accents you decided to keep does make it look nice and stand out. Nice job, good choices on what remains black, fix the front bumper droopy lip, looks good!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I think it looks f'ing fantastic. I had an 850 at one point and always envied owners with the yellow. I am not a big fan of yellow on any car but the fact that you are paying tribute really makes it.

Very soon, I am going to be paying tribute to the polestar volvos

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drove it through a plastidip factory yesterday. ;)

Thanks! :) Those 850s are really what makes the R for Volvo.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Looks good :thumbup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
That looks Freakin sick! love how that came out!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Nice! So is this a dip? Color looks a bit vibrant, but I like the added black accent trims. Great decision on those, and I like how your wheels match the new look.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone!

The black trim was absolutely necessary, both to match the 850 look and to keep it looking good. Here's why:

This was right before I got the trim painted. Somehow, light colored R's (Passion Red, Flash Green) need the black trim to look good hahah.

Oh, also, this pic ^ really shows the actual in person shade. Less vibrant, more "cream".

·
Registered
348 Posts
i think it would look even better if you blacked out your grille surround. Looks sick though.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Looks awesome with the wheels and calipers and trunk lip. Gotta fix the front bumper though...or get a new one. And and can you peel any of the paint off of the fender wells? Looks like ****ty over spray..but I love it!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Fantastic looking!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
:thumbup: looks great!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts