SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in my bumper from the front NJ tag :mad:
PA is a one tag state. :thumbup:
Someone was kind enough to give me their OSD plates so in about two minutes I now have this!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have a $850 euro plate on our S80. It came with front bracket and would have cost that musch to have it fixed properly....

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a $850??? euro plate on our S80. It came with front bracket and would have cost that much to have it fixed properly???....
????????????????????????
This entire sentence makes no sense

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes, the car came with a factory front bracket. I live in PA. To have the bumper fixed properly would have been $850 or so. So I bought a euro plate...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know you can replace just the silver piece where the holes are drilled, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than $850!!
Only reason I didn't was because I had replaced the rear piece because it had some marks on it and didn't feel like doing this job twice

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
You can also buy plugs that, while not as nice as an unholy bumper, will look better than holes and cost a hell of a lot less than $850. www.bumperplugs.com

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can also buy plugs that, while not as nice as an unholy bumper, will look better than holes and cost a hell of a lot less than $850. www.bumperplugs.com
I talked with the owner of bumper plugs at length.
He can't figure out what color silver it is and since there is no color code for that part, he would only have to guess.
The other problem is you have to drill out a 1/4" hole, so if the car is sold to someone that needs a front plate, that buyer would have to figure something out as the hole is then to big for the plate bracket

1 - 9 of 9 Posts