SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved my car from a parking spot and noticed that the left rear wheel is much closer to the edge of the well than the rest of the wheels. I'm running on stock springs and was wondering if this was a matter of the springs giving in or if it could be possible struts as well? I can fit about 5 fingers between the tire and the well where as on the left rear its only around 2.<p>Would installing IPD springs help this? The car is leaning towards the left and it looks so weird.<p>PS: No there isn't anything in my trunk.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Left Rear Spring Possible Failure? (Barry)

It could also be your shock...they help with that sorta thing as well.<p>Generally springs don't go bad all of a sudden but it has been known to happen...<p>Good luck,<br>Prospero

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Re: Left Rear Spring Possible Failure? (Prospero)

It could be the shockmount (toprubber) that is broken... Your car was lowered extreme before with KW coilovers, they suffer a lot then.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Left Rear Spring Possible Failure? (BenES)

I would think almost ANYTHING BUT a spring.<br>Springs just don't go "bad".

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Left Rear Spring Possible Failure? (BenES)

I'm pretty sure its not the springs either.<p>Would replacing the shocks fix this issue? (even if the shockmount is broken?)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Left Rear Spring Possible Failure? (Barry)

If the shock mount is broken...then the shock has nothing to really bolt to up top...<p>So, new shocks will not help if the mount is broken. Just keep in mind that it's just 2 more bolts to replace the broken mount if needed.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have ANY experience in swapping out the springs on a c70 convertible (2000 hpt). I can't find any springs that are specifically made for it, and calling H&R & Eibach, they told me that they don't advise putting the regular (coupe) springs on due to the add'l weight. any ideas or experiences? thx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: (planet_zog)

I've had eibach springs on my 2000 C70 ragtop for 5years, the coupe springs.....drop is a little over an inch.....never had a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts