SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Volvo S80 3.2L 'Major Tom'
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This winter my last parking bulb finally burnt out on my S80, so I took apart the headlight assembly and installed some cheap LEDs off Amazon (here, just T10 yorkim bulbs). Ever since the installation, I haven't been particularly satisfied or happy with how they look, and on top of that, I get a position lamp failure message every time I start the car.

Now the message I can ignore, however, the lights I hate. Is there an aftermarket 'halo' style LED ring for the S80? I've seen loads of them for older retrofits, in S40's, and even my friend's 84' Porsche 944, but I cannot for the life of me seem to find any for the P3 S80.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks all!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ever since the installation, I haven't been particularly satisfied or happy with how they look, and on top of that, I get a position lamp failure message every time I start the car.
The bulbs you linked are not CANBUS. When replacing the "position lamp" with an LED bulb, make sure it says CAN-BUS compatible in the description. Even then, some bulbs can give an error if not compatible with our cars.

·
Registered
2011 Volvo S80 3.2L 'Major Tom'
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts