SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the set up on my V50 its absolutely insane when on. Sadly it's hardly ever used due to brightness and traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
I heard that NASA received a message from the space station asking what those bright lights were....... LOL :partywave:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that NASA received a message from the space station asking what those bright lights were....... LOL artywave:
I bet they will lol... But I tell ya what those guys driving with high beams on get a taste of Darth Vader and it works every time...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Not too sure about installing them on a car. I like the one on my Rodeo though.

Installed

Backed up so headlights are at the base of the PODS

Light bar on at same distance

Night shot with all lights on

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks insane...love it!!! I'm thinking about one on the XC90

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
I think it's a must have for anyone who lives in a mountain area and commutes in the dark 70% of the time. I use mine almost every day.

Here's mine:

On the C30, just above the fog grilles is a weird "bumper" trim as part of the bumper. This was a continuation of the bumper lines under the S40/V50 headlights.
My plan is to open those up and install 2 curved LED light bars. So if anyone is interested in the light bar in my pictures above, PM me... I'll include the brackets I have for the P1 bumpers as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
How did you wire this light bar in on your old S40? And what would be willing to sell it for?
I bought a switch from AutoZone, then just wired it up straight to the battery. Just make sure you wire in a fuse as well, better safe than sorry. I ended up just using a cheap wiring kit for a sub.
There's lot of videos and tutorials online for wiring it up as a separate system (like I did) or wiring it up to power on with your high beams.

·
Registered
848 Posts
A bit pricey, but after doing lots of research on these, I picked out rigid industries as they are one of the few optical quality light bar makers.

That being said, I'm still working on saving up the $$ to actually order one, so have no experience with it beyond the research I did online...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry to be a thread Jesus here, but I want a light bar so bad and I want to set it up like V50R did.

I was going to mount it to the luggage rack itself or the cross bar. The only question I have is how did you do the wiring. Is there another option than what "MyName's" is for power, but mainly, how did you wire thru the roof?

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Sorry to be a thread Jesus here, but I want a light bar so bad and I want to set it up like V50R did.

I was going to mount it to the luggage rack itself or the cross bar. The only question I have is how did you do the wiring. Is there another option than what "MyName's" is for power, but mainly, how did you wire thru the roof?
This is what I did on the V50:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
You can safely use the foglight wiring, if you have them, doing so would shut off the lights when you lock on high beam.

Otherwise, it's just like any other accessory, battery -> relay -> lights with a switch to the relay inside.

The tough part is the roof penetration. The sunroof is intentionally not a 100% seal, so one option is to trim some of the rubber gasket to make room for the wire. Then, if you decide to remove, you can replace the gasket.

Otherwise you'll need a hole + grommet + ton of silicon. Real commitment to keep the roof rack on!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I used to drive up to Southern Highlands in Denver everyday for work from the springs at 2AM. Like the light of God showing you the way. Lightbars are fantastic. Plan on equipping some 8 or 10" on both sides of the harley crash bars for nighttime riding.

I personally spliced the relay switch line into the fogs and then directly connected the power lines to the battery and now just turn off the headlights and use the oem fog switch to turn the bar on and off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts