SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got most of my LED lights installed. Have a question on how to change the glove box light? I can feel where the wires go but cant figure out how to make the swap.

Also, got the 4 front dome lights installed, the reading lights will not work now (while the other two do work). I tried flipping them and that didn't help. Also tried swapping out the old bulbs to make sure everything was OK, they didn't work either. Is there a fuse for both sets of lights? Seems like there would be one fuse and therefore I could rule out a blown fuse if the other lights were working fine.

Any advice???

TIA

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I had the same problem with one of my rear overhead lights. After I started the car and shut it off, things worked again. Must of had to reset something.

As for the glove box light. You can reach it without taking anything apart. The whole light assembly twists and pulls out. It's not held with much.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the reading lights still wont work so Ill be doing some diagnosing as soon as the baseball size snowflakes stop breaking windows :)

Will the glove box assembly twist out from the back....I gave a decent twist and shout with no luck.

Oh and BTW, some of the EST bulbs nicely let you know if they are inserted 180 degrees backwards by giving off a nice red light from a few of the LED's. About shocked the hell out of me when I tested the bulbs and a few were red, took me a second to process that information.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
From what I remember when I did mine, it just pulled out. Wire and holder all in one. There is a slot towards the bottom that the wire side of the holder slides into.

·
Registered
857 Posts
To remove the glovebox light: I just pulled the whole unit out, and then switched out the bulb. I did however lower the glovebox by removing the glovebox adjuster and the plastic tray in the back, in order to get a better view.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get my hand up behind the box but no go. I suppose I'll look into taking it all the way out. Is the cable that keeps the box from dropping too far out un-attachable?

Also, any thoughts on the fuse situation for the 4 overhead lights? Still have two that work and two that dont. This evening I'll do some bulb permutation tests but not much was giving positive results yesterday????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts