SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the process of ordering new halogen headlamp and assemblies and before I put them in, I was wondering if anyone had used a LED conversion kit for their low/high beams and if it was worth the hassle or money. I just bought an XC60R with the adaptive bixenons and the halogens in my S80 are really looking pitiful. My current assemblies have modded H9's in the low beam slot, but the output is decreased a lot by the faded yellow lenses. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I think it was itwontstopsnowin who said that the xenon assemblies fit fine. Only problem is that they automatically adjust the angle/height based on the cars tilt which in its turn is based on load measured by sensors I believe you don't have. No sensor input = lights dip to their lowest setting to prevent dazzling. The work-around is to just adjust the lowest setting to be at the correct normal setting using the adjust screw.

err, well... Not much of an answer to your question I guess. I've never heard of LED conversion kits, I just wanted to suggest that if you're about to buy new headlight assemblies I'd definitely just take whatever plunge there is and go for the xenons. Better light but more noticeably, to me at least, it updates the front's look massively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts