SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have some experience with the 850 and these new "all in one" LED headlight conversion kits. I'm tempted to try one but I'd like to find out if it works in these cars first. Also, I can't find a clear answer if LED headlamps can go into regular reflector housings and project a nice beam pattern. From what I understand, theres ones made for reflectors and ones made for projectors. If anyone has put LEDs in the foglights too, I'd like to know your experience as well.

Also, has anyone found better solutions for interior LED lighting? I've gone through a bunch of the forums but they are all dated from a couple years ago. Was wondering if theres more of a plug 'n play solution now.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
What do you mean by "all-in-one" LED kits? Maybe post a link so we have a better idea.

I have only seen two types of aftermarket headlights for the 850, both projector based with halogen bulbs. But you can get an HID kit to replace the halogens which will give you that much brighter, crisp white light. One of the projector type headlights I have only seen in pictures and do not think it is sold anywhere anymore. The headlights I'm currently using can be found all over eBay and Amazon if you just search "volvo 850 projector headlights".

As for interior lights, are you speaking of courtesy lighting and speedometer/switches? For the speedometer/switches, there is no one I know of that sells the switches or gauge cluster equipped with LEDs drop-in style but it wouldn't really benefit you anyway. If you can get the switches and gauge cluster uninstalled, the hard part is all but over. I know which LED bulbs are needed for the conversion if you are interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.