SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 superflux LEDs in parallel with a switch...test project for my C30...eventually. Kid likes it, Mom dislikes the $40 investment for when McQueen is sold for larger vehicle.

/Volumes/Burris RAID Set 1/b. Pictures/Cortland/h. 2009/Lightening McQueen/IMG_0126.JPG
/Volumes/Burris RAID Set 1/b. Pictures/Cortland/h. 2009/Lightening McQueen/IMG_0129.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Re: LED DRLs on McQueen (JACB)

Nice Job!

I've wanted to do something like that on my son's Mustang, that and replace the motors and batteries so that we can ramp it up a bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: LED DRLs on McQueen (Shomare)

Yep - next project is the F-150 truck (Fisher Price) he wants when we arrive to our next duty station. Told him he has to sell McQueen to get the truck - gonna pimp the truck out with large LED bulbs, front and rear. You have any idea where to get more powerful electric motors?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

OBTW - just received the K&N Typhoon for my C30. Gonna crack open a beer and and some nuts tomorrow night...watch out Autobahn!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JACB »
OBTW - just received the K&N Typhoon for my C30.

Say goodbye to your good gas mileage. I drive with an even heavier foot since installing the Typhoon in my car, I love the way it sounds so I am always letting it rip.
It sounds soooo nice. Install is a pain from what everyone says, I just had my indie shop guy do it when he was repairing something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: LED DRLs on McQueen (carreragt7)

It's done. 4.5 hours, a lot of wrestling and wrangling, but it's done. I have one of the "tubes" open - no carbon filter vacuum hose. I saw somewhere in the forum how someone contained it - I gotta search.
Started her up and no
lights came on...
Tomorrow I shall Romp on it.

Carreragt7- notice any acceleration gain?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

I think there is some gain. There are some people on here that say it is all in your mind, that the Typhoon doesn't give any real performance gains, but I think it gives some minor gains, and it definitely sounds much, much better. And the fact that K&N has a guarantee that you will gain HP or you money back should be enough to show people that you are at least gaining a couple horses out of it. K&N is a respected company, and I love my typhoon. I've had it installed for at least 6 months and it runs great and have never had any problems from it.
You will like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.