1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I think I like them but would want them to match the color of the other LED city lights which you can't tell from those pictures. I would seriously consider these for DRLs if I was able to turn off the OEM DRLs and still have auto headlights which you can't in the 2012s :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
That eBay add lists them as compatible with S60 from 2009-2013, which is a bit suspicious since the current gen S60 didn't go into production until MY2011.

It may be that the fog light cutout is the same size on the old gen and new gen.
Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Shipping cost = $65.00 from China. Ouch!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Looks a bit suspicious. The ad says S90 and not S60 and is poorly worded.
I bought a pair of L shaped LEDs from China on ebay and they are really dim. I contacted them and they said they might have been damaged during shipping and they will send me another pair for half price. They are $17 so I figured I'll pay another $8.50 and take a chance. I don't have high hopes the new pair will be any brighter so we'll see.
I would not risk $159 plus shipping on these. They do look sharp though. I would spend the money for them if I knew for a fact they are worth it.
If someone can figure out how to install the Philips they have on Amazon I am sure they are the real deal as far as brightness and quality.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thought I'd post a couple shots.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That looks real nice!
How bright are they? They look bright in the picture.
Also, did you hard wire them to be on all the time or when lights are on?
Last question: The silver frame around the whole part is shiny not matte, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks real nice!
How bright are they? They look bright in the picture.
Also, did you hard wire them to be on all the time or when lights are on?
Last question: The silver frame around the whole part is shiny not matte, right?
They are very bright. I have DRL disabled, the LEDS only come on when I turn on parking lights, frame is shiny.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
IMO, someone needs to come out with a kit that follows the lines of these inserts, not simple puts a dash in the middle of them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the way mine runs parallel with the bottom of the insert, to each his own.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
IMO, someone needs to come out with a kit that follows the lines of these inserts, not simple puts a dash in the middle of them.
+1

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've looked on Ebay to see what they offer, & most lenses that I see are all smaller, mine have 15 magnifiers on the lens face.
Hope they keep working for awhile, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts