SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://goo.gl/c8fqxv I saw this today and was curious if this would work on my 2007 volvo s40? I saw they do this on the new Lincolns and I thought it was so cool when I first saw it in person.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
There's quite a few Volvos that actually has a light there. P1's are none of them. I was surprised that there wasn't any on my car to be honest.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That would be an easy project. Cut the hole for the projector in the bottom of the door panel, with the lens sitting flush against it or even recessed a little bit. I'm not sure where the door switch is, but you can tap in to that for power and ground.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
That would be an easy project. Cut the hole for the projector in the bottom of the door panel, with the lens sitting flush against it or even recessed a little bit. I'm not sure where the door switch is, but you can tap in to that for power and ground.
Sounds like a great spot for water intrusion and rust over time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No problems period. Tap the electric, cut the hole and make sure everything is sealed water tight. Magic!! These cars have water vents on the bottom of doors anyway to let out water that gets in through the exterior window trim. So you already have chances for moisture to come in anyway.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
No problems period. Tap the electric, cut the hole and make sure everything is sealed water tight. Magic!! These cars have water vents on the bottom of doors anyway to let out water that gets in through the exterior window trim. So you already have chances for moisture to come in anyway.
Point well taken! My biggest concern would be the cutting - if you don't seal those raw edges, those will surely rust!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I kinda wanna put these under the dash to light the footwells or in the trunk, reminds me of something I've seen at SEMA.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
547 Posts
Isn't there enough flat bottom on the the bottom of the interior plastic door panel to recess it? Then no need to cut steel.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Isn't there enough flat bottom on the the bottom of the interior plastic door panel to recess it? Then no need to cut steel.
That's not a bad idea but I wonder if the lens would clear the door seal. Either way I think that would be the easiest way to mount it for sure.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is what I was referring to

1 - 19 of 19 Posts