SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the bulb sizes for the following and a brand of LED bulb that won't trip any codes.

Interior dome lights:
front center:_______
front map lights:_______
rear passenger:_______
rear cargo area:_______

Exterior:
DRLs:_______
license plate:_______
fog lights:_______

·
Registered
111 Posts
Autolumination.com. good group of guys. I have all my bulbs from them. Have not done fogs or rear yet. Everything else is led. You will need some resistors though but they sell them too

·
Registered
441 Posts
I ordered my kit from EST earlier this year and installed them in my V70R. They looked so sweet that my wife wanted them. So I swapped out the bulbs and found out that the license plate bulbs are different and i need an additional light bulb set for the third overhead lights.

I sent Frank, from EST, an email about a kit for a XC90 but he said "We have not created a kit for the XC90 as we have not had any demand for this model. If you let me know which bulbs you need I can create a kit for your XC90. The LED bulbs are $8.00 each.

Let me know if you have any questions."

I will probably order an additional kit for the V70R and some extras. But I still need to figure out what bulb I need for the license plate. Also no resistors needed for this LED kit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have bought many LED bulbs off Ebay, just make sure you get SMD. Here is what is reccomended for my XC90

Low beam headlamp-HID-D2R
High beam headlamp-H7
Parking light-2825
Front turn signal-H21W (64136)
Front turn signal-2827
Rear turn signal-7507
Tail light-7225
Stop light-7506

Fog/Driving light H1
License plate 2825
Back up light 7506
Front sidemarker 2825
Rear sidemarker 7225
Step/Courtesy light 6418
Step/Courtesy light 2825
Trunk/Cargo area 6418

I have swapped the bulbs in most of my other vehicles, but not yet the volvo, so not sure if they will flash or cause errors, but for the price of Ebay stuff its worth a shot. (My 2003 Saab 9-3 would have the license plate light flash every few seconds for about a minute after shutting off the car because of the low power consumption of LED's)

·
Registered
261 Posts
LED bulb source

Do you have a website or contact for "EST"? I see one that might be it, but in UK, so don't think that is the ones you mentioned.

Also, does anyone have photos to post of their refits with LED bulbs?

I ordered my kit from EST earlier this year and installed them in my V70R. They looked so sweet that my wife wanted them. So I swapped out the bulbs and found out that the license plate bulbs are different and i need an additional light bulb set for the third overhead lights.

I sent Frank, from EST, an email about a kit for a XC90 but he said "We have not created a kit for the XC90 as we have not had any demand for this model. If you let me know which bulbs you need I can create a kit for your XC90. The LED bulbs are $8.00 each.

Let me know if you have any questions."

I will probably order an additional kit for the V70R and some extras. But I still need to figure out what bulb I need for the license plate. Also no resistors needed for this LED kit.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have bought many LED bulbs off Ebay, just make sure you get SMD. Here is what is reccomended for my XC90

Step/Courtesy light 6418
Step/Courtesy light 2825

Are these the puddle lights in the mirrors? If so, are there really two bulbs in there?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are these the puddle lights in the mirrors? If so, are there really two bulbs in there?
There's only one bulb on each side.
I'll try and dig out the details of the LED lights I got, not sure if they're available in the states but I have some Osrwm LED lamps in the following locations:

Puddle lights
Front footwells
Glove compartment
Luggage compartment courtesy lamp (in tailgate)

·
Registered
441 Posts
There is only one light for the puddle light. The LED I used from EST barely fits in there but it works and I haven't had any issues with it and it's been installed for quite some time on both my VR and XC90.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The one's I used are as follows:

Mirror / puddle: OSRAM LEDriving LED Retrofit W5W interior lights 2850WW Warm White 4000K
Footwell courtesy & glovebox: OSRAM LEDriving LED Retrofit C5W interior lights 6498WW Warm White 4000K
Tailgate courtesy: Osram LEDriving LED Retrofit C5W interior lights 6499WW Warm White 4000K

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Ok guys 99% of you forget most important things when you placing all around and
inside the car LED lights instead old fashin Bulbs.

FUSES must be properly changed with 10 times lower Ampere or proper
calculation of consumption of LED lights.

In case that burn as happened to me when one bustard from Belgrade in Serbia
known seller of LED bad quality selling me Chinese crap
and he don't wont to return money when I complain see whats happen.
Car can easily burn in fire and people too.

Stay attention to purchasing good quality LED as Chinese copy's is dangerous.
For this purpose or simple burn out short proper fuse must be in line with new LED diodes.
See photos contacts is too soft and bending touching cooler - short circuit when hot LED
was melted...Fuse was not burned out. Of course was too big. Must be 1-3 Ampers max.for LEDs.

This is quality LED box for cars.

This I used for interior, license plate lights, position too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts