SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LED 3rd brake light has stopped working on my US spec 2000 V70. Anybody have any experience troubleshooting/replacing the assembly? I can't find a blown fuse. Anything else I should check? Anyone know the part number? How do I get the interior trim off to get to the unit? Any help appreciated.... All I can say is the other two (normal) brake lights are working and the brake light failure indicator comes on each time the brake pedal is pushed. The LEDs do not light up. I've been told my only option is to replace the whole assembly for $100+ and was wondering if I have any other options.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: LED 3rd Brake Light Assembly (gnhovis)

From what I've heard it's quite a pain to change the 3rd break light, better have it done by the dealer...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: LED 3rd Brake Light Assembly (Alex960)

I'm trying to avoid a trip to the dealer if possible. Has anyone done this? I'd like to try if possible. Would appreciate part #'s and advice if anyone has it. Thanks.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: LED 3rd Brake Light Assembly (gnhovis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>gnhovis</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm trying to avoid a trip to the dealer if possible. Has anyone done this? I'd like to try if possible. Would appreciate part #'s and advice if anyone has it. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>I'm stopping by there (dealer) later, <B>if I remember</B> I will ask for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts