SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Leatherique the interior once a year whether it needs it or not.... This year I noticed after the bake in the sun and the cleaning cycle I was left with discoloration on the passenger window switch. This has never happened before, and aside from a microfiber cloth and some water I haven't tried anything else to remove or repair it for fear it would get worse...
I usually try to wipe anything off the plastics but I must have missed this one as it's the only switch with the problem....

Any ideas?? Ever happen to you?? Appreciate any suggestions provided!

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Haven't had that happen to me but it's been a while since I've used leatherique, and when I was using it, I only allowed my seats to bake in the sun, not the entire car. I had the seats removed since I was doing work on the interior running wires for a stereo install.

I suggest not doing the sun bake on the entire interior.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Have you tried the pristine clean that they sell as well to wipe it down? it will probably come off just need some good interior cleaner.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did try the pristine clean, I am not sure if it's discoloration or the rejuvinator on there, but I didn't want to try anything else until I asked around...

·
3,899 Posts
Leathique, Rej or pristine will not do that to plastic. That is from worn plastic combined with an aggressive cleaner. The leatherique probably bonded with the oils from a previous product and lifted them out when you wiped it down with pristine. Just buy a new piece imo, they are super cheap from volvopartscounter. I replaced both of my switch covers on my last order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts