SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking delivery of a 2013 S60 T5 with beige interior this summer. I know that Mother's makes some great leather cleaning and conditioning products. Question - Should I use a leather conditioner when I first get the car? Thanks

·
Registered
13,164 Posts
I would imagine you probably would not need to treat the leather as soon as you get the car but maybe in a few months or whenever it starts to look like it needs it.

I have used Lexol products for years with good results and have also read good things about Leatherique. Volvo also sells a product though I have never used it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wayne

I would imagine you probably would not need to treat the leather as soon as you get the car but maybe in a few months or whenever it starts to look like it needs it.

I have used Lexol products for years with good results and have also read good things about Leatherique. Volvo also sells a product though I have never used it.
Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree that you most likely wouldn't need to treat your leather right away. I current use Griott's Garage leather cleaner and protectant. I like it because:

1. It goes on and buffs off (after about 45 minutes) very easily. I pour a bit into a clean micro-fiber cloth and apply it sparingly, as opposed to spraying the Lexol products.
2. It seems to do a better job of keeping the leather supple for a long while, as opposed to the "2 bottle" approach of Lexol. I use it about once a month.
3. According to my wife, it really helps keep that new car leather smell in the interior.

Just my "two cents" worth!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have beige and black leather. I wipe the seats down once a week with Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (concentrated version diluted .5ozproduct/30ozwater) and then I use Optimum Protectant Plus once a month. I do this to all interior surfaces not just seats - everything is like new almost 1 year in. I always spray product on towel never on surface directly.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Anyone use the Volvo branded leather protectant products? I'm waiting on my 2012 S60 and want to treat it correctly from the beginning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts