SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the calcite leather and have been concerned about deterioration since my C70 is never out of the weather. So far there are no cracks, discoloration, brittleness, or fading. I hope to keep it that way. I clean it occasionally with mild soap and water and soft cloth for drying. Anyone who has found a product that is kind to the leather while providing lasting suppleness, finish, and easy to clean protection, it would be helpful to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the calcite leather and have been concerned about deterioration since my C70 is never out of the weather. So far there are no cracks, discoloration, brittleness, or fading. I hope to keep it that way. I clean it occasionally with mild soap and water and soft cloth for drying. Anyone who has found a product that is kind to the leather while providing lasting suppleness, finish, and easy to clean protection, it would be helpful to hear about your experience.
I have been using the Armor All Wipes. First Cleaning Wipes then Protectant Wipes. So far good results but I would recommend doing that at least every other month, monthly if you tend to leave wet jackets on when getting in the car, especially during winter when clothing gets exposed to salt residue.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
After years of using Lexol (or doing nothing), I have switched over to the Leather Master products. Their line-up has everything you need for proper cleaning and protecting your leather seats. If your calcite seats are clean you could start with their Soft Cleaner then go over that with the Protection Cream. Personally I would just get their Strong Cleaner anyway, but don't worry it's quite safe. The Soft Cleaner is more of a maintenance cleaner. The also make a product called Vital that is supposed to re-nourish the leather. I have just done all three of my cars and they look better than ever! Because of that I needed to buy the larger 1 liter sizes. You can order from here http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Leather-Master-Products-s/1831.htm?gclid=CLXWx9H9r8QCFdgQgQoduKsAlw , and they also sell on ebay under the seller name ecomventures. Sometime you can get free shipping on their ebay auctions. The order of use is cleaner (Strong or Soft), Vital (not required but I use it), then the Protection Cream. They also have specialty products for things like ink and jeans dye transfer.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
i used saddle soap to clean. i'd avoid soap (esp dishwashing type) since it can be drying.
i use lexol or leather honey to condition

use the same above for my leather jackets and bags/briefcases

1 - 6 of 6 Posts