SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the leather trimmed piece for the center console can be installed over the existing trim piece on the T5 and T6 models? It almost looks to me as though the trim just slides over and clips in place under the lip of the existing trim (i have an S90 with the leather trim piece to study)? I know it wont line up perfectly with the arm rest, but maybe this can be replaced as well with an armrest from a 90 cluster T5/T6 model? The armrests for the T8's are different, but the console piece is the same. Honestly, the entire center console looks identical along all trim lines so maybe they're universal? I think this would make the cabin look so much nicer, but don't want to buy the piece and waste the money if it isn't possible:(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Watching these get assembled every day, I can assure you it’s unfortunately not possible. I thought about trying the same, since the outer appearance of the top panel around the back half of the center console looks the same. However on PHEV models, there’s basically no plastic/frame underneath where the knee pad sits. All of the plastic to the left of the gear shift and in the area right under the center stack isn’t there. I don’t think I want to take a Dremel to my car, so I’ll let someone else try if they’re feeling daring!

The armrest would be the easy part, since I’m pretty sure the holes are the same between hybrid/non-hybrid models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts