SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some top rated products for leather cleaning and conditioning in no particular order. I have a feeling all these listed products would yeild a good result with proper application. Keep an eye out for these when shopping for leather care products. Also feel free to comment on any of the following products and let us know your personal experience with them. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

TREAT
From the Zymol Website:

Sunlight, heat and everyday use will permanently damage the delicate finish of your leather upholstery. The denaturing process of leather tanning removes precious moisture residing in the hide. Introducing solvent-based conditioners accelerates aging in leather upholstery and trim. zymöl Treat Leather Conditioner is a solvent-free, banana-oil and collagen-based feeding product that releases trapped solvents and restores moisture to keep your leather looking, feeling, and smelling like new.

HIDE FOOD
From the CMA Website:

CONNOLLY Hide Food

Give your car's leather the Rolls Royce treatment!

From Connolly Brothers of England, the leather supplier to Rolls Royce, Jaguar and Aston Martin. Connolly Hide Food is a creamy lanolin conditioner factory recommended for maintaining the leather in these and other fine automobiles.

Do not use on vinyl coated leathers (most Chrysler & Cadillac leather interiors-use 303 Aerospace Protectant).

Z10
From the Zaino Website:

One whiff and you'll agree... It's Leather in a Bottle™!

Two years in the making and already rated number one in the industry. Z-10 Leather in a Bottle™ Treatment and Conditioner contains a perfectly balanced, solvent-free blend of special oils and other natural conditioners. Z-10 Leather in a Bottle™ penetrates, softens and preserves all fine leathers for years of beautiful service.

We also added Ultra-Gard™ for total protection from the sun, and our exclusive real leather oil concentrate for a rich leather scent. After just one use, your car will have that great new leather smell again.

Z-10 Leather in a Bottle™ leaves a non-oily, non-greasy, non-sticky, stain repelling, natural luster and restores the supple feel and smell of new leather. Does a great job on vinyl interiors and dashboards too. One whiff and you will agree its Leather in a Bottle™. We believe this product has no equal in the world.

PINNACLE LEATHER CONDITIONER
From the Pinnacle Website:

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner

Pamper your leather!

Quite possibly the world's most lavish leather conditioner, Pinnacle Leather Conditioner nourishes leather with a rich blend of natural oils, softeners and moisturizers. These oils quickly absorb into the hide leaving a non-greasy, satin finish that actually repels dirt and moisture.

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner preserves the strength, beauty and flexibility of new leather. It also brings new life and resiliency to old or neglected leather that has gotten hard, stiff or brittle.

Used regularly, Pinnacle Leather Conditioner will keep your car's leather soft, lustrous and healthy.

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner has a neutral pH of 7 which ideally matches the pH of leather itself. This conditioner does not contain any petroleum distillates which could dry out the hide or deteriorate stitching.

Note: Pinnacle Leather Conditioner is recommended for both vat dyed and surface dyed leathers. It should not be used on napped leathers such as suede or glove soft leather. Leather that has become cracked through age or neglect can not be restored to its original state by any available method.

LEXOL LEATHER CONDITIONER
From the CMA Website:

Lexol Leather Conditioner

Simply spray and wipe. Leather care made easy!

Lexol Leather Conditioner preserves the strength, beauty and flexibility of old and new leather. It also brings new life and resiliency to old or neglected leather that has become cracked or hardened. Lexol Leather Conditioner is an emulsion much like those used in leather tanning. Its oils have been modified for even distribution and penetration without leaving a greasy or tacky surface.

Lexol Leather Conditioner should be used in moderate amounts for maximum absorption and even distribution. No vigorous rubbing or buffing is needed. Once Leather Conditioner dries, it's easy to wipe off any excess with a soft cloth.

Available in 16.9 oz. spray and 3 liter refills.

GRIOT'S GARAGE LEATHER CARE:
From the Griot's Garage Website:

GRIOT'S GARAGE LEATHER CARE REPLENISHES VITAL NUTRIENTS
It was a challenge to develop a leather treatment that smelled like leather, replaced vital nutrients, dried clear on perforated leather, and left a non-greasy, supple finish after the final buff. I'm happy to say Leather Care does all of the above and will clean soiled leather surfaces! A highly concentrated liquid that penetrates deep to replenish the natural oils of your leather fibers. Much better than the other greasy, lanolin-based products on the market. Easy to use, and essential for long, supple life of your fine leather. Use sparingly a little goes a long way. Great for newer leather. Best if applied with our Blue Detail Sponge.

MEGUIAR'S MADALLION PREMIUM LEATHER CARE
Leather offers years of lasting beauty and it deserves the best care. Medallion Premium Leather Care gently cleans away grease and grime, restoring premium hides to their original suppleness. It won't change the leather's original color or texture, and leaves no greasy residue. Meguiar's special formula combines vital moisturizing oils and special soft waxes in a water-based PH-balanced formula to provide long lasting protection against cracking and staining. And it's great on other leather surfaces like briefcases, handbags, shoes, and furniture.

MEGUIAR'S GOLD CLASS RICH LEATHER WIPES
Meguiar's makes leather care easy!

Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes protect against spills and UV exposure with a combination of our safest and strongest cleaning formula, most luxurious aloe-enriched conditioner and best long-lasting protection formula.

Each Dispensing Canister contains 25 wipes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used the PINNACLE LEATHER CONDITIONER and the leather cleaner products and find them to work amazingly well.

For this years detail, I have purchased the Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner.. and as stated, it smells like leather in a bottle! We'll see how it works out tho.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (LilEccentricJ)

People seem to like the zaino, I guess if the leather in a bottle smells good it should treat your interior very nicely! Personaly I think a more subtle scent would attract me but hey, I still like the smell of two-stroke premix so I can't really talk! http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: (Spearzy)

Hey Spearzy,

Where do you buy these good leather conditioners you mentioned. I live Toronto (not to far from you), and can't find any good, high quality leather cleaners you mentioned. I've looked in Canadian Tire, but couldn't find it.

S.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Toronto_S80T6)

I've looked and bought products at my local Canadian Tire too. They have decent popular products but not the cream of the crop for the most part. Decent for rim cleaners and regular dressings.
I know personally I'm liking this online ordering system now. If nothing is in the immediate area or I'm in no real hurry I've been ordering products while I'm work and I find it convient as it shows up in my mailbox a short while later with no limitations on what is in stock locally. Mind you if you can drive five minuits to get the same thing it is nice pay the extra $2 on retail and save coin in shipping. All the above products have a main website with many distributors on the net also selling it.
My brother lives in TO and I'll ask him what is decent there, I would maybe suggest car dealers and some of those import car hope-up shops that are surfacing everywhere. They carry (sometimes by sponsor) really good products that are good enough for picky car judges at the shows, they have trusty products. As far as a mass outlet retail chains that would be in Toronto I can't think of any really good ones at the moment, all those places seem to stock Turtle wax/Amor All quality products for the most part (which do the job well for some things). I'd check back into Canadian tire once in a while though, they may surprise you, they get onboard pretty fast with good stuff that isn't too specialized. I think leather conditioners/cleaners fall into that category. I usually have a small balance on my Canadian tire card for such surprises http://********************/smile/emwink.gif I think at my nearest location I have spotted at least two of these, perhaps ask if they are out of stock.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Oh, my 850 also has cloth interior, I was just doing a little digging to help out you leather owners. I've shampood my cloth interior with an aerosal turtle wax product (two types, one for cloth seats, one for floor carpet) with great results, but I'll save that for another topic! http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Toronto_S80T6)

quote:

The Volvo dealerships also sell a volvo product for Leather Care. I was wondering if anyone here has used it? I think it costs about $65. I am considering trying out....does anyone know anything about them??
I would say that is maybe the safest bet. It may not be the best of the best but it would be formulated right specifically for Volvo leather, so, it would be difficult to get to much better than that I would think. Pretty pricy too, must be good http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Re: Leather Care Products (Spearzy)

Zaino Leather Cleaner Z-9 (which you should use before z-10) is the greatest leather cleaner ive tried...

my previous leather cleaners used on beige interior got out a lot of dirt... but using the z-9 got out even MORE dirt. i almost forgot how bright beige my seats were when the car was brand new. (Jetta w/ Beige, my volvo has charcoal, incase you were wondering)

The z-10 is very nice too.. goes on nice, conditions well.. and leaves the seats non sticky like some other ones do.

I love the zaino stuff.. lexol and leatherique are also very good products http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts

I'm using that Volvo product. It's composed by two bottles, the cleaner and the balsam. IMO the cleaner doesn't do much more then water, while the finish with the balsam is very good.

I'd like to try a good cleaner, maybe I'll order Lexoll. (it must be ordered in the US cause I can't find it in Portugal).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.