SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a 2016 T5 Momentum that we have a pretty sweet lease deal on for $450/month. ... 4 months left and while the car never let me down it might be time for a change.

I want to keep the payments the same or less and possibly trade for a new V60, although I don't believe I can get a lease deal on that for the same rate.

Otherwise I am considering other brands as well ...

Must be quite a few of us in the same boat right now as the XC90 has been out for 3 years ...

What makes/models have you considered? Moving onto another brand or staying with Volvo?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I renewed my XC90 T6 Momentum+ lease last year and got an XC90 T6 RDesign. I considered the V90, but needed the 3rd row. Right now there is nothing else that fits my needs, but I am hoping there will be lots of electric vehicles when the RDesign lease expires.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
We have a 2016 T5 Momentum that we have a pretty sweet lease deal on for $450/month. ... 4 months left and while the car never let me down it might be time for a change.

I want to keep the payments the same or less and possibly trade for a new V60, although I don't believe I can get a lease deal on that for the same rate.

Otherwise I am considering other brands as well ...

Must be quite a few of us in the same boat right now as the XC90 has been out for 3 years ...

What have some of you considered? Moving onto another brand or staying with Volvo?
Are you looking at the V60 because you want the utility of a wagon or because you like the style?

You will not get the same deal on a V60 but you will probably get one for a V60 Cross Country. That car is due to arrive mid- to late summer so if you place a confirmed order you could extend your current lease until the V60 Cross Country arrives.

If you are looking for a wagon, you will be hard leased to find a premium wagon in that price range, other than (perhaps) a BMW 3-Series.

·
Registered
320 Posts
We have a T6 inscription with about 3 months left on the lease. We’re planning on buying it out as we leased it primarily with the intent to buy. We had thought about originally buying it, but with some of the issues that were floating around, leasing made sense so that if things didn’t get sorted out we would just trade it in. We’ve been happy with it and have had no significant issues.

We liked the car enough that we bought a V90CC and I have been very happy with that. Have you thought about a V90? Seems most people have gotten good deals on them and the price difference wouldn’t be that much from what you have now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
While I really like my XC90, we never really ended up needing the third row, which was one of the reasons for purchasing the vehicle. So I think we'll consider something smaller. Maybe the Jaguar I-Pace or the Audi E-Tron SUV. Otherwise, we'll just buy the XC90 and wait for something more compelling to come onto the market.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Are you looking at the V60 because you want the utility of a wagon or because you like the style?

You will not get the same deal on a V60 but you will probably get one for a V60 Cross Country. That car is due to arrive mid- to late summer so if you place a confirmed order you could extend your current lease until the V60 Cross Country arrives.

If you are looking for a wagon, you will be hard leased to find a premium wagon in that price range, other than (perhaps) a BMW 3-Series.
I really like the V60 look and I wouldn't mind to be back a bit closer to the ground (i come from owning a lot of sedans and two different Mini Coopers, this is my first SUV) although I know lease "deals" on any wagon in general are not to be found. Would love a V90 and while there are deals galore on S90's there are none on the special order V90.

I even looked at a Buick TourX (German made Buick!) which has insane discounts for purchase right now as nobody knows of it's existence but its basically an Opel Insignia rebadged.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Go test drive a V90CC. They sit closer to an SUV ride height, but drive much differently.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Beautiful V90s, everyone! :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think lots of us are in the same boat where the 39 month lease is ending soon. Option 1 is to keep the car and finance the payoff amount. No idea what kind of pay ment that comes to yet. Option 2, lease a new XC90 T6 but I want the Inscriptionyh with Bowers and Wilkins, will gladly pay for it. I had a loaner that had the BnW system and I was in love lol. That will mean paying 5 or 6k down, and a higher monthly payment.

Or I could just keep the caar (option 1) and get an extended warranty to 100k.My current XC90 T6 momentum Plus has been great, the Sensus software was flakey for a time, but updates took care of that. But I moved to Florida and the ventilated cooled front seats on the Inscription would be very welcome. And I want the heads up display tooo. Damn I think I just convinced myself to get the new inscription.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still shopping and plant to hit up the NY Auto Show a week from now and spend A LOT of time checking out what's out there. Every manufacturer has some compelling options it seems.

I loved the XC90 but trying to save some $ at the end. I also feel that at the time, 2016, it had its uniqueness and novelty but that has been lost when Volvo basically has the same interior/dash across all their cars now. Not to mention even engine choices.
Some of the flavor is lost on me ... I also am super perplexed about the way they overlap pricing on pretty much all their models where an XC 40 lease is merely around $100 less than an XC90, in NYC area anyway.

Pretty sure I am moving on to something else ...

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I'd hold on a little bit longer as new models in 3 years will have some different technology in hybrid, and L4 self-driving. This is the trend of car industry. Before it comes true, I would consider a CPO T8 with B&W and ventilated seats then it could serve me for quite a few years, until I want L4.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think lots of us are in the same boat where the 39 month lease is ending soon. Option 1 is to keep the car and finance the payoff amount. No idea what kind of pay ment that comes to yet. Option 2, lease a new XC90 T6 but I want the Inscriptionyh with Bowers and Wilkins, will gladly pay for it. I had a loaner that had the BnW system and I was in love lol. That will mean paying 5 or 6k down, and a higher monthly payment.
I was in your shoes 1 year ago. I bought a momentum plus but I wanted a more equipped one. I knew there will be a revolution in 3 - 4 years with hybrid/full EV getting in the market, and I got a loaded RDesign to bridge this time. I got a really nice XC90 and buys me some time to get a full EV in 4 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lide the rdesigns alot - couple of questions, do they come with Polestar included / installed? (on a T6) And can I get ventilated seats? I almost bought a XC60 Rdesign about 6 years ago, only concern was the sport seats were a little tight fit on my not so thin body lol

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I lide the rdesigns alot - couple of questions, do they come with Polestar included / installed? (on a T6) And can I get ventilated seats? I almost bought a XC60 Rdesign about 6 years ago, only concern was the sport seats were a little tight fit on my not so thin body lol
Polestar optimization is an optional accessory. Many R-designs have it (especially in the West 😎) but it’s not standard.

Last, R-design seats are not ventilated; only Inscription seats with Napa leather are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the help. One more questions, Im over on my miles by a few thousand, will they let that slide if I lease another Volvo?

Also I ran the numbers on both the Inscription and the R-Design, they come pretty close payment wise, I think because there may be more incentives / dealer cash for the Inscription.

So its either a Bursting Blue R-Design T-6 with Polestar, or Denim Blue Inscription with Napa leather / cooled seats / advanced package with heads up display

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thanks for the help. One more questions, Im over on my miles by a few thousand, will they let that slide if I lease another Volvo?
No, that is not negotiable. However, VCFS will sauce the disposition fee if you lease another new Volvo through VCFS.

If it’s a small penalty, just pay it. If you are over several thousand miles, try the trade route vs returning the car to Volvo. It’s a possibility that your payoff number is lower than the actual market value of the car so use that to your advantage, if applicable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I still don’t understand why you prefer leasing over owning. I mean on your second lease of the same vehicle... you will have paid it completely off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts