SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who have recently shopped for an XC90 - and cross shopped similar cars - other fammily type vehicles.....<p>while the overall MSRP may be the same, have you found the pricing, incentives, and lease terms to be better on the Volvo?<p>My wife likes the RX330/350, the XC90. She also likes the GX470.<br>I personally would like to get an Odyssey..more functional, less money...but she isn't really into a minivan......<p>i'm curious how the XC90 lease deals compare to the competition.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: Lease deals on XC90 vs. competition (23109VC)

RX350, GX470 and the XC90 are all high residual vehicles (5 stars as per ALG).<p>In theory, you should be able to get comparable lease deals having the same MSRPs. But it seems that Volvo is still pushing with even higher residuals, so there seems to be a better lease payment for the XC90.<p>Take a look at this link:<p><A HREF="http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef17997" TARGET="_blank">http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef17997</A>/

·
Registered
394 Posts
We bought our XC90 V8 last October. At the time, we were looking at the X5 4.4i and XC90 V8. Both had an MSRP of about $52,000... but the Volvo XC90 was $100 less per month (thanks to killer factory-to-dealer incentives). <p>Volvo seems to be in the same mood these days with great lease deals on the V8's...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Got a Great Deal on a 2006 V8

Zamo,<p>Thanks for posting that link to Edmunds.<p>Because of the discussion there, last night I came home with a 2006 V8 on a Volvo 24 month lease.<p>Terms were zero cap reduction and $388/month (plus tax is $407) for 15K miles per year. $1400 out of pocket included refundable security deposit and first payment. All this for a $50K car!<p>I never lease. But this deal was so good it did not make sense to buy.<p>Thanks again for the heads-up!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: Got a Great Deal on a 2006 V8 (otter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>otter</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Zamo,<p>Thanks for posting that link to Edmunds.<p>Because of the discussion there, last night I came home with a 2006 V8 on a Volvo 24 month lease.<p>Terms were zero cap reduction and $388/month (plus tax is $407) for 15K miles per year. $1400 out of pocket included refundable security deposit and first payment. All this for a $50K car!<p>I never lease. But this deal was so good it did not make sense to buy.<p>Thanks again for the heads-up!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Deals seem to get better; I am surprised that Volvo is keeping the 06 residuals very high, eventhough the 07s are already coming. <p>I guess your deal is one of the best I have read so far. Congratulations.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
geez...that is a smokin' deal!!<p>$407 total monthly payment, on a V8?<p>what options were on your car? NAV? DVD entertainment? <p>it almost tempts me to go get one for my wife. at that price.....for that car...<p>even if it does depreciate, or have some occasional glitches...it's only a 2 yr lease. the car should drive fine for 2 years, and when it's over, turn it in for something else... <p>what could you get for that kind of payment that is even CLOSE to the XC90 V8 in terms of luxury/power/safety???

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>23109VC</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">geez...that is a smokin' deal!!<p>$407 total monthly payment, on a V8?<p>what options were on your car? NAV? DVD entertainment? <p>it almost tempts me to go get one for my wife. at that price.....for that car...<p>even if it does depreciate, or have some occasional glitches...it's only a 2 yr lease. the car should drive fine for 2 years, and when it's over, turn it in for something else... <p>what could you get for that kind of payment that is even CLOSE to the XC90 V8 in terms of luxury/power/safety???</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I dont think it had DVD or Navi, as those options do not depreciate at the same pace as the car itself.<p>I've seen the X5 3.0i for the same payment, but requires like 4 grand out of pocket. No V8s for that price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
XC90 lease deal

Hi Sean,<p>It did not have DVD or NAV or climate. It came with almost everything else though.<p>We love the car and the fantastic lease deal made it a no-brainer.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>23109VC</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aside from small cosmetic changes, is there any real big diff between an 06 V8 and an 07?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No. Bi-xenon lights are, finally, functional and worth the exra $$$.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what kind of residual value are they doing on these lease deals? is the residual super high - so that at the end of the lease, the car will be worth LESS and it'll HAVE to be turned in...or is the residual realistic..so that if I liked the car and wanted to buy it at the end of the lease - it might make sense????<p>

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was actually looking at leases today on an XC90. Our local dealer is pushing to get rid of the '06s for the '07s and has a 2.5T no AWD, no Leather, no 3rd row. MSRP 36, Invoice 33, sticker $29k.<p>They're talking ~$380 payments.<p>Is that decent?

·
Registered
718 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>23109VC</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kind of residual value are they doing on these lease deals? is the residual super high - so that at the end of the lease, the car will be worth LESS and it'll HAVE to be turned in...or is the residual realistic..so that if I liked the car and wanted to buy it at the end of the lease - it might make sense????</TD></TR></TABLE><p>In my opinion, they are too high. Its a no brainer for us who lease. But it is an automatic disposition of the car at the maturity date. They wont be worth that much, at least not for trade-in or private sale.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: (userla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>userla</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was actually looking at leases today on an XC90. Our local dealer is pushing to get rid of the '06s for the '07s and has a 2.5T no AWD, no Leather, no 3rd row. MSRP 36, Invoice 33, sticker $29k.<p>They're talking ~$380 payments.<p>Is that decent?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>$0 due at signing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: (zamo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>zamo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>$0 due at signing?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>$2500 due at signing. We'd probably put more like $5k or $6k. Have to check with our ins. company, but shouldn't be a problem. The big thing I'd miss is leather. I dont think the AWD or 3rd row would EVER get used.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok..so the residual is probably too high....meaning they are planning on all of these to get turned back in, then volvo will resell them as used cars and hope to make their money back..<p>QUESTION - if I were to lease one of thse...and paid $400-425/month...... for an XC90 with an MSRP of $50-55k.... assuming this "special" lease deal was NOT available...what would the "normal" lease price be?<p>also - would I be able to go out and find a similar deal on an X5 or RX350 that has a similar MSRP? or is this deal from Volvo some kind of anomaly....<p>i'm of the opinion that there's NEVER such a thing as a "once in a lifetime" deal when it comes to cars. they either want to move them or they don't. if I decide i want one of thse in a year...and then there will be 08s coming in, and the same killer deals will be there on the 07s..... or lexus will have some crazy deal, or BMW, or etc. etc etc.....<p>is this just a "good" deal....or is this something you can't pass up if you're in the market for a vehilce?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: (userla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>userla</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">$2500 due at signing. We'd probably put more like $5k or $6k. Have to check with our ins. company, but shouldn't be a problem. The big thing I'd miss is leather. I dont think the AWD or 3rd row would EVER get used.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>That is too high my friend. $2500 due at signing was giving you around $359 a month for a brand new XC90 with verstaillity and premium package.<br>You might wanna look around.

·
Registered
718 Posts

with no specials, I would think around $550 ~ $600 payments. Just like the X5.

·
Registered
718 Posts
And based on my experience, I have never seen a Sign & Drive Deal for a ~$45k car with payments less than $500, not in a 24 month lease.<p>This deal is rare and possibly one of the few once in a lifetime.<p>Volvo might have done this in order to get the 07s in with cleared out inventory of 06s. They cannot conitue offering these incentives as it can degrade the deprecation ratings, maybe to a 4 star or even a 3 star. That would for sure make a less than $500 payment on a 24 month lease impossible in a Sing & Drive Deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: (zamo)

We're learning more as we go here. <p>Another dealer close to home has prem. + versatiliy + 18's on a 44.3k MSRP with a sticker of 41.5k with a 24month lease of $299 + tax (about $321/month).<p>This is based on $5200 at signing though. Money factor of 0.00031 with a 70% residual.<p>That is actually a better deal that we thought it would be.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts