SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a 2010 S40 and have never had a problem so far. Don't believe the past owner ever had a problem either. If it leaks take to a Volvo dealership, just like any faulty part, whats the issue?

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
I have a 2010 S40 and have never had a problem so far. Don't believe the past owner ever had a problem either. If it leaks take to a Volvo dealership, just like any faulty part, whats the issue?
The issue is that apparently there are a lot of them. Just like GM recalls or Toyota recalls. Things aren't always as simple as "take it to the dealership". Dealerships aren't always a great arbiter in handling your car or its parts and pieces.

Also, is this from 2013? That's what it said the last update was.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
You need to research this issue before stating an uninformed opinion.

Volvo dealers are not going to fix for free a sunroof leak on a 10-year old car. And fixing the leak is EASY. What is costly/time consuming is drying out the car. And the dealer won't do that. In my recent experience, it's nearly impossible to get anyone to dry out your wet interior. The local car washes won't do it anymore. I gave up after spending hours trying to find someone, and I just did it myself. (At least I knew all the moisture was out before I put the carpets back, etc.)

The leaking sunroof drainline is a common Volvo problem.

If the judge certified the class, you can be sure it is a widespread problem.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So then is it a stretch to assume that the dealerships have been instructed to repair defects (aka recall)? Because I'm almost positive I have water damage from the sunroof or at least from the removal of the headliner to get to the sunroof drain.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok just finished reading... looks like this is an appeal and a final decision has not been reached

1 - 7 of 7 Posts