SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was doing the plugs on my 04 2.5 and noticed that the middle cylinder had about a spoonful of oil in it. Looks like it's coming from the valve cover. Anyone know of a good to tutorial? I just want to make sure there's no unexpected oddities with it.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
to do it properly and not screw up your mating surfaces you need a valve cover removal kit to pop it off. just unbolting it and wedging a screwdriver between the cover and head is guaranteed to F it up.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Clean it up and check again in a few thousand miles to be sure it's the cam cover gasket. It might be something easier, like a dry oil cap gasket or a careless pour during an oil change. Might as well rule out those things conclusively, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah I cleaned it out and I'm going to check it in a few weeks. This is the first time pulling the coils on it, it has 150k and I've only owned it for a little under a year. Never had a reason to, but now I'm worried that has to be done. I haven't spilled oil, and the top of the engine itself was pretty dry that's why I thought it was a gasket failure.

I bought this cause my friend was getting rid of it and she knew I was into volvos, but my plan is to find a manual awd s40 or s60, so I'm not looking to dump a ton of money into this one. I already did the suspension and a laundry list of small things. If the job is easy enough and it requires it I'll do it, but if it's not something I can do, and its expensive to pay someone else to, I might just sell it as is. But I'd really like to find the car I want first so I'd like to keep it reliable.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts