SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this problem? I have a 2006 XC90 V8 and when I wash the car, water enters the vehicle via the right front door window. I am not spraying the water directly or full force into the area in question. The water is seeping through the top edge of the glass, past the weatherstrip and dripping on the front seat.

The car has not been rained on yet so I am uncertain if it will leak under normal rain conditions.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
with a 2006 you should have NO issues with leaking. i could understand if you were using a 2000psi pressure washer and aiming at the seal-point, but i think you should head to the dealer and let your warranty fix it.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Re: Leaking Right Front Passenger Window (Kodabear)

There was an issue with some `03 and `04 models and the window switches.

To seat the front windows required a second pull of the switch. Seems the window would close, but not seat properly. A second pull of the switch would cause the window to "pop" in place so to speak.

I seem to recall reading on this forum that the dealer has a programming fix for this particular problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Leaking Right Front Passenger Window (1sttimevolvo)

Update:

Well, the window does appear to "pop" into place when closing it by hand (holding the button) but I question if it pops when you use the quick pull AUTO close. I don't see the pop. I walked around the car with a business card and tried to slide it between the glass and the weatherstrip at the top of each window. All were tight except for the front passenger door. This confirms my concerns and subsequent water leakage.

Any other ideas? Appears I will need to have the dealer look it over.

·
Registered
20 Posts

While we are on the subject of front passenger windows, a question.

When I close the window on my new 2006 XC90, the window bulges outwards a bit just as the window is almost finished rising. It then returns to its normal straight track at the very end.

Its a small hing, but I've never seen it before on any other car whose windows rise straight up to the top.

Anybody seen this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Leaking Right Front Passenger Window (Salisbury5)

Yes, that is the "pop" that I am referring to.

·
Registered
279 Posts

When I took my car in for the tie-rod recall last month, I mentioned that I suddenly had problems with water entering the right passenger window and sunroof after a heavy rain. The service guy said that there was a tech note about clogged drain seals. My service receipt says that they cleared and modified both front sunroof drains. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had leaking on both sides during car washes - checked the drains in the sunroof and both were clogged....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts