SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts
^ Mine has done it while parked.

With the wide area of initial drips (13 drips in ~4 inches wide worth at the top) and then the gravity lines of those drips, looks like the drops of fluid are releasing and going down the window during turns. Is that when you notice the drips happening or is that happening when the car is off?
Happens at different times. If I go over a dirt road it is more prominent but that is because it shows up with the dust

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just had my Malaysian T8 Inscription delivered this week and I have just experienced this earlier today.

I parked my car and accidentally activated the front windscreen washers. Upon opening the rear tailgate, I noticed water dripping down on the right side and true enough, the rear windscreen washers leaked with the lines/trails as per the photo in front.

Maybe something to do with the usage of the front washers causing some sort of pressure to push out some water front the back in certain circumstances?

I just had my Malaysian T8 Inscription delivered this week and I have just experienced this earlier today.

I parked my car and accidentally activated the front windscreen washers. Upon opening the rear tailgate, I noticed water dripping down on the right side and true enough, the rear windscreen washers leaked with the lines/trails as per the photo in front.

Maybe something to do with the usage of the front washers causing some sort of pressure to push out some water front the back in certain circumstances?
I dont even have to use the front washers.

XC90 went in today and had the TJ completed for the rear windshield drip issue. So far no issue but keeping a close eye on it.

Well less than 24 hours and I still have the issue.
Scheduling another visit to Volvo to try and have this fixed.

Called back in again to the Volvo Service Centre. Said they will order the whole replacement kit. This will take months.
Found out that when the car was in last week they took some parts off another car sitting in the showroom. Was apparently the quickest way to get parts then wait for things to come from Sweden.

That's crazy. I'm going in November 30 for updates, map updates, open recall(s) and hopefully for PAII if they dint overprice it once officially announced. I also mentioned I need this tj performed for the leaking rear washer thing but if they can't get the part in time I guess it'll have to wait until I do an oil change at 2 years ownership in may 2017. No way I'm going back out of my way for this when the part arrives.

The replacement kit had finally arrived and s loan car available. XC90 is back in the Volvo Service center for at least 2 days to fix this plus other issues.

I mentioned this when I broght the car in and they said they observed nothing, no drips. Urgh... I told them it is not an all the time thing. So I showed the service guy the tj mentioned in this thread. He said all it shows are diagrams of the washer system but he didn't see anything about a kit to fix a drip.

I'll just wait 6 more months until I go in for my 2 year service and see if there is a more definitive fix or kit available.

Yeah, I think we've pretty much established it's an issue and is happening to people. Now we just need a tj with a definitive fix for whatever is causing it to happen.

Here's a picture of mine 10 days after taking delivery of the car.
The local Volvo Service Center fnally ordered and has been delivered the parts. I originally gave them the TJ for this but they got some parts (not all that was required) off another XC90. That did not work and so they ordered the whole kit.
Wished they had done it right in the first place.

The local Volvo Service Center fnally ordered and has been delivered the parts. I originally gave them the TJ for this but they got some parts (not all that was required) off another XC90. That did not work and so they ordered the whole kit.
Wished they had done it right in the first place.

Do you have the TSB#?

21 - 40 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.