SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we picked up the car last Saturday we noticed "trails" of windshield washer fluid down the back window. I've also noticed a perpetual drip at the tip of the sprayer... and now 5 days later the fluid light has come on. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't have a perpetual drip, But I have seen trails of washer fluid leak down the back window before.

·
Registered
345 Posts
When we picked up the car last Saturday we noticed "trails" of windshield washer fluid down the back window. I've also noticed a perpetual drip at the tip of the sprayer... and now 5 days later the fluid light has come on. Anyone else experiencing this?
I've seen it on may cars with rear washing windows I think the fluid expands and creates a siphon effect

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I remember a thread about this but that was many months ago, so others have definitely experienced it. I know I have. I was thinking the fluid expansion was the culprit as well. Definitely not a big thing but it does suck when it happens and you just washed your car the day before. Only thing with the fluid expansion theory is it never happened in my various vehicles with rear wipers previously. Still, I can live with the occasional drip.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My last 2 cars had rear wipers and this never occurred either. And it's not a singular drip, for some reason there's at least 6-8 drip lines spread out over a ~10 inch span on the back window. And if I touch the nozzle, it's wet - definitely shouldn't be. I just find it troubling that it's leaked apparently an entire fill volume of wiper fluid within 5 days... definitely a problem!

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I just find it troubling that it's leaked apparently an entire fill volume of wiper fluid within 5 days... definitely a problem!
If you've leaked out the whole tank of washer fluid, yeah, definitely a problem. I filled mine shortly after purchasing (I used up the stuff the dealer put and put my own washer fluid in after purchase) and I'm still in that same tank nearly 8-9 months later, even having noticed the occasional drip lines.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I noticed a couple of washer fluid drip lines going down the tailgate window glass. I'll keep an eye on this.

@bren213 - did you get this issue fixed?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got this issue as well on a T8. It hasn't drained my tank in the two months I've had my car, but I always have "fresh" trails of washer fluid drool on my back window, even when I haven't used the washing system in a few days.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed a couple of washer fluid drip lines going down the tailgate window glass. I'll keep an eye on this.

@bren213 - did you get this issue fixed?
I took it in and they supposedly couldn't make it happen by pressurizing the line, so their opinion was nothing is wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
From another thread: check out TJ25153-2016-03-24 regarding wiper nozzle system.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From another thread: check out TJ25153-2016-03-24 regarding wiper nozzle system.
So is that a number you provide to the dealership and they'll figure out the fix? Sorry, not sure if that's a reference to a post or a technical journal I'm supposed to look up?

·
Registered
566 Posts
So is that a number you provide to the dealership and they'll figure out the fix? Sorry, not sure if that's a reference to a post or a technical journal I'm supposed to look up?
Correct. TJ stands for tech journal. 25153 is the journal number. The rest is the date. Provide that to your dealer or dealier as some others on this forum call it and you should be good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct. TJ stands for tech journal. 25153 is the journal number. The rest is the date. Provide that to your dealer or dealier as some others on this forum call it and you should be good.
Thanks a ton! I'll add it to my list when I take it in

·
Registered
21 Posts
How many times did you have to take the car in order for the dealer to actually replace the nozzle. I had taken my car into the dealer for other service and mentioned the drip with the tech journal. The paperwork said that they checked and cleaned the lines and didnt report any problems. However, a few days later it drips again. This time I kept my back window dirty to give proof of the leaking. At this point I dont even know if its worth getting it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
How many times did you have to take the car in order for the dealer to actually replace the nozzle. I had taken my car into the dealer for other service and mentioned the drip with the tech journal. The paperwork said that they checked and cleaned the lines and didnt report any problems. However, a few days later it drips again. This time I kept my back window dirty to give proof of the leaking. At this point I dont even know if its worth getting it fixed.

Oh great, I'm set to go in for my one year maintenance and have this on the 'to do' list for the dealership but now who knows if they'll follow the journal and replace the nozzle... Hoping to hear from others who may have had this done and I'll also share my results once I get the car back later this month, early June.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've had the same experience, I've reported the problem - they couldn't reproduce so there was no fix. I brought it back citing the tech journal and they won't fix it unless they see it happening. It's not an every day occurrence, I don't know what triggers it one day versus another, but it's frustrating to know there's a fix but it has to be observed before it will be done!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've had the same experience, I've reported the problem - they couldn't reproduce so there was no fix. I brought it back citing the tech journal and they won't fix it unless they see it happening. It's not an every day occurrence, I don't know what triggers it one day versus another, but it's frustrating to know there's a fix but it has to be observed before it will be done!
My XC90 leaks worse than a waterfall. I have taken photos and sent to the Service Center.

The XC90 goes back in again this week to have this plus other issues fixed. Also sent technical journal reference to dealer as they do not know about the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
With the wide area of initial drips (13 drips in ~4 inches wide worth at the top) and then the gravity lines of those drips, looks like the drops of fluid are releasing and going down the window during turns. Is that when you notice the drips happening or is that happening when the car is off?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts