SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My C70 Convertible (2001) leaked last night. It rained pretty hard up here Friday night in North Atlanta, GA (Lawrenceville), and the next morning there was alot of water in the driver's seat floor area, right under the pedals.

There seems to be no indication of where the water came from; my headliner is dry; no water indication from the seals on the doors or the windshield....

...tomorrow I am going to spray some water on my car to see where the water coud have been leaking. Until then, any ideas out there??

Craig W.
'01 C70 Conv.
'93 850 GLT

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Leaking '01 C70 Conv. (cwashii)

Are you sure it's water? A wet floor sometimes is a sign that your heater core is leaking. It hasn't happened to me, but apparently when it goes bad, it leaks coolant into the cabin area.

Just a thought since you could not find any sign of a leak from the roof........

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Coolant would smell sweet, like just out-of-the-oven Krispy Kreme donuts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Naaah... not coolant. It was just water.

I *think* it may have been a window that was not all the way up.

Since the night of the leak, I have been thru two other rainstorms, and the leaking as not repeated...

NOW if I can just get my wife back into her Sequoia(!).

:-D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: (cwashii)

Ours has been plagued by leaks and creaks. I started it all by asking the dealer on one service visit to adjust the door because on the way there I hit a pothole and it creaked so badly I thought tl he door would fall off. It's my wife's car, so I wasn't used to the noise. Ever since, the door has not lined up properly, we've had awful wind noise and whistling and running water in the car. Of course the storms we had this winter were about as bad as they get here, but still. On more than one occasion, we've had completely soaked floorboard on the passenger side. I observed it in the middle of a storm from inside and felt the stream of water running down the inside of the glass and down the door panel. Assume that's how the floor got wet. Seems to be dry now, although the wind noise is improved but not right.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just purchased the Volvo 6/100 for a very good price. The car always had the squik from the side glass. Now I have more protection from the cost factors in owning a Volvo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts