SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that some type of liquid (may be water as it doesn't appear to have color or any type of scent) seems to fall around my car (drivers side only - near the front wheel). Weather has been hotter than usual in CA and I have been using the AC quite extensively but never really noticed this before. Is this normal and to be expected?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Leak near front driver side.... (caliS60R)

Sounds normal. My a/c unit drops most of the water on that side as well. One way to make sure is to get a paper towel and soak some of that moisture up. Then look at the towel <B>after</B> it <B>dries</B>. If you see any type of discoloration or gummy stuff left on the towel you have issues. If not and it's back to the same paper towel, you know all is ok. Rick

·
Registered
31 Posts

I don't think its normal. It happened to me once the first summer I had her. Took her in, the evaporation hose was loose. They fixed it and replaced the carpets and mats. Never had it again, even in the 100 degree, 99% humidity we are having right now.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Same thing happens to my car in very hot weather. The towel idea is a good way to see if it's something other than water. Also, keep an eye on your carpets and mats and see if they are absorbing any moisture, that would be a problem. Otherwise I wouldn't worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts