SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Picked up a 2013 AUDM Polestar 4/50 a few weeks ago and have been wondering how to engage launch control. Is it simply DTSC off and sport mode and mash brakes and accelerator or am I missing something else?

Cheers
Matt

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hi Guys,

Picked up a 2013 AUDM Polestar 4/50 a few weeks ago and have been wondering how to engage launch control. Is it simply DTSC off and sport mode and mash brakes and accelerator or am I missing something else?

Cheers
Matt

Hey Matt,

Confused at what car you have. The Polestar models that this forum is for and the only ones with launch control are the S/V60's that were only offered in MY 2015.5 and 2016.

http://www.polestar.com/intl/products/engineered/

What car do you have?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Australian S60 Polestar released in 2013

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/#/56783/2013-volvo-s60-polestar-australian-road-test-review

If it has the same setup as our cars you would do the following to enable launch control...

Put the car in Sport Mode...
1)Go to the My Car Menu, Disable ESC
2)Hold down the brake, Hold down the Accelerator and let it build boost

It should settle around 2,000 rpm and you are good to go. If you wait too long, it will cancel.

I would ask the question to Polestar in the Official Thread regarding if your car has it or not. I have a feeling your setup is slightly different as this article talks about DSTC while we have ESC, but this sounds like launch control, "And no great skill to fire it off the line: DSTC off, left foot on the brake, firewall the accelerator, move left foot sideways – simple.)"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool tried it once doing the above was just checking I had it right cheers. The look on my Mrs face was enough to think I was in the right ball park ☺

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Cool tried it once doing the above was just checking I had it right cheers. The look on my Mrs face was enough to think I was in the right ball park ☺

Yeah, it's fun. Launch control on these is basically just building boost while holding it still with the big Brembos up front. My V60 was sliding sideways like a bucking bronco waiting to be let out of the pen, the few times I've done it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately the 2013 in Oz didnt come with the brembos up front just bigger discs than the R Design. 2014 had all the cool stuff on the ones you get in the US & EU

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Unfortunately the 2013 in Oz didnt come with the brembos up front just bigger discs than the R Design. 2014 had all the cool stuff on the ones you get in the US & EU

That is unfortunate. These Brembos come in handy on pretty much every spirited drive I take. This car is heavy and powerful, with relatively small rear rotors. Would be interesting to feel the difference between the two. The size difference is significant: 336mm x 29mm vs 371×32 mm

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Unfortunately the 2013 in Oz didnt come with the brembos up front just bigger discs than the R Design.
AFAIK they were optional. During the introduction of the Australian Polestar a few cars were equipped with the optional Brembo's.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
I think that may be one of the 6 speed manual 508 hp concepts going off the euro plates & driver being on the left.
There were 5 of these pre production models that day. Made the picture myself btw. Some were RHD, other LHD.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
You'll know if the launch control is activated by the haldex behavior. The few times I've done it the car squats very briefly and all four wheels grab a slight squeak before lift off. My wife commented after not knowing I did it that it felt like the car was going to take off like an airplane. That's pretty much exactly how it should feel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was told that there are a set number of launch control leaves programmed and after that it will no longer work...the number I was told was 2000 That came from a dealer...anyone know if that is true?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I was told that there are a set number of launch control leaves programmed and after that it will no longer work...the number I was told was 2000 That came from a dealer...anyone know if that is true?
Not true. You can launch control all day long if you want according to the engineers at the journalist events. It's amazing the things that dealers make up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
While not the case with the P*, it is true with some cars. My S6 was limited to 200 I believe. It was also far more aggressive (i.e. fun), but I also felt less inclined to use it thinking about the impact to longevity. Granted I sold it after using up 1 of the 200 :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts