SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes, indeed. The download files that I am seeing are NA_907_1176 and EU_904_1176 even the website indicates 1182 for both. I suppose we just need to wait a bit as the webpage update may have been updated and pushed out ahead of the actual downloads being available. I sent off an email to VolvoCare for those of us sitting at the "edge of our seats."

·
Registered
51 Posts
As of 6:45Am PDT, 1182 is the download which occurs if you do the download. Ran into the same issue many of you had last night with 1178 being the DL even though the link said 1182. Now it is 1182, at least for North America

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I added a Note to the sticky on Post #1 as a reminder that, from my experience, dealers do not update roadmaps as a matter of routine. You need to request it to be checked and updated if a newer version is available. I would guess that most of us on SS perform our own updates.

With more and more owners coming on board, I thought I would share this in case you did not know.

The same may be true for voice control, but no update has been available since January 2017. An update to voice control may come with the "imminent" Sensus update.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not sure how I feel about this Version. I took 5 crash restarts in a row Installing this. It kept restarting from 9%

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Received a phone call today from VCNA. VCNA's official recommendation is that cars manufactured for US market obtain the latest Roadmap Updates from the US website - not the U.K. Website. Reportedly, the US Roadmap update will be out in a ~ couple of weeks.

I updated Post #1 with a warning/notice.

For US owners: If you installed NA roadmaps from the U.K. Website and are having trouble with Sensus Navigation, you might want to revert back to 1176. Otherwise, when the US website is updated, you might want to re-apply the US update. There could be more info forthcoming. Personally, I am having no issues with 1182 NA update in MY2016.

@Yannis, if or when you see this post, could you share your insights?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Supposedly the updates will resume automatically after Sensus goes to sleep and then wakes up again, but in my experience that's when an error is most likely to occur so now I try to prevent any interruptions during the updating process and keep Sensus awake during the entire update.
+1

I let the car shut down during the map update and I came back to the "Nav Unavailable - Insert USB" message - even though I had not removed the USB drive. Removing and verifying the download with the Sensus update application seemed to solve the problem, but then again it could also be that I had the car shut down for an even longer amount of time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Voice control had an update three days ago. I have not done that one yet myself. But 1182 went in fine, took about 20-25 minutes.

Release date24/04/2017
Voice data version31466196AA
Where do you see that for NA? I still see Jan 2027....?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry, somehow I ended up at the UK Site.
The US site is still showing 31654529AA and is apparently the latest for u.s. cars

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Personally speaking (and possibly for others), I have successfully downloaded (from the U.K. website), installed and used the Roadmap updates and voice controls for North America a few times without any known or perceived Sensus issues of any kind. These Roadmap and voice control updates seem to have been and maybe still are ubiquitous.

With that said and with the impending major update to Sensus, I felt it was in everyone's best interest to post the recommendation from VCNA about using the US website for US-destined cars. It's your call.....

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Any ETA on this major Sensus update? Just got my 'replacement' XC90 and very curious what the buzz is.
Some reported week 21. (Next week is 18.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does having an Andorid Auto title/button suggest I have the Nov 2016 update?

7. Per. Volvo, verify that your build (before Nov. 14, 2016) has at least the November 2016 total software update before installing the newer road maps and voice commands. If you do did not and do not experience any issues, you may be fine.
We just picked up our new XC90 T6 R-Design over the weekend. I was going to do the update on the voice controls and maps last night, but I read the above line and wasn't 100% sure if I had the November 2016 software update or not. I should have confirmed this when we picked it up, but we were in a bit of a rush and it slipped my mind.

After reading through some threads last night, it seems it's not possible to lookup/confirm the version yourself (without the dealer). However, looking at the list of new features in the update (specifically the addition of Android Auto), I was wondering if that would be enough to confirm I have the November 2016 update. I have an Android Auto app button on my display, albeit grayed out (I assume that's because I don't have an Android phone hooked up to it).

So my question is, does the presence of the Android Auto button on my display suggest I have the November 2016 update and that I'm "safe" to go ahead and update the voice controls and maps?

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
When you go into Maps and look at your preferred region map there should be a version number on that screen. I discovered it the other day when I was updating to newest version.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you go into Maps and look at your preferred region map there should be a version number on that screen. I discovered it the other day when I was updating to newest version.
Thanks for the reply.

I was able to find my current map version last night (1160).

What I wasn't able to determine (directly) was whether or not I have the November 2016 Sensus update itself. I was hoping the presence of the Android Auto icon would confirm that I do have the November 2016 Sensus update already installed.

41 - 60 of 406 Posts