SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
All,

Issue resolved !!

Despite what Volvo states about being able to only update specific regions over base region, i.e. attempting to update North West Europe into the base whole of Europe Navigation - this DOES NOT WORK.

To update the North West Region of Europe, I had to update the whole of Europe map. OK, this didn't take too long (approx. 45 minutes), but the time, money, and effort expended trying to update a sub region (as stated possible by Volvo) has been frustrating.

Many thanks for all the helpful comments in the forum.

Hugh

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
All,

Issue resolved !!

Despite what Volvo states about being able to only update specific regions over base region, i.e. attempting to update North West Europe into the base whole of Europe Navigation - this DOES NOT WORK.

To update the North West Region of Europe, I had to update the whole of Europe map. OK, this didn't take too long (approx. 45 minutes), but the time, money, and effort expended trying to update a sub region (as stated possible by Volvo) has been frustrating.

Hugh
I have updated regional maps just fine. Mine is MY2018 though. But 2016 should be the same.

·
Registered
891 Posts
All,

Issue resolved !!

Hugh
Good you’ve done that whole thing otherwise you’ll never see the end of the notification “new updates available” on sensus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Permit me to post my findings regarding doing over-the-air updates and then later, having the message indicating a map update is needed but when you try to do over-the-air again it the update is not needed.

Indeed, it seems that the work-around of doing the over-the-air update and getting that message, updating the by USB would indeed, for the most part anyway, get rid of that Sensus MAP update message until the next over-the-air update. Most every over-the-air map update seemed to have the bogus message issue until I did the manual USB update.

But then I applied the May 2020 VIDA Total update in June. Since that time, I get the over-the-air updates and I don't see that bogus message anymore indicating that new update is needed. I am guessing they finally fixed the bug?

I'm in the US on a '19 XC90, so YRMV.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts