SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

221 - 240 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Was trying to update it, and navigation just disappeared.
last time I did it, it was a different way... Now its asking about update, after that starts downloading and nothing....
Is this happening during a map download to a USB via a PC or Mac or to the vehicle (over the air) via WiFi?

Just not sure where you are in the process...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this happening during a map download to a USB via a PC or Mac or to the vehicle (over the air) via WiFi?

Just not sure where you are in the process...

I didn't know that it was possible to do over WIFI!

Anyway, I've downloaded the upgrades for the voice control and new maps on my mac.

I've installed the voice control, but it doesn't show me that it is over or anything like that, saying everything is fine.

Next step I was trying to download a new maps, but each time it started, the status bar appears for 10 second and disappears.

Was trying 10 times, download a new maps, bought a new usb flash card - nothing....

Later I've noticed that my voice control menu is not highlighted. I've reinstall the voice control again. Found that the menu is highlighted again.

And finally my next attempt to download a new maps succeeded!

Thank you for trying to be helpful!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
[Excellent] and you are welcome.

очень хорошо и добро пожаловать

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Version 1256 is available (late March 2019)

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you connect to the car’s internal internet, not WiFi or vehicle WiFi, data downloads and some apps like weather do not use any data. Doing this way is basically free/unlimited for ap and map updates.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you connect to the car’s internal internet, not WiFi or vehicle WiFi, data downloads and some apps like weather do not use any data. Doing this way is basically free/unlimited for ap and map updates.
and how do you do that?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #229

·
Registered
383 Posts
I thought the car Internet you have to signup a monthly fee with ATT to even have it active.. Don't think it's free.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Does this update bundle with the new map data download like it used to?
This update is one file and ~ 2 GB in size. It is not currently bundled with road map updates because this Voice Control was just posted on May 6th.

The latest roadmap update 1256 was released around March 30th.

With that said, I do not recall a bundled full voice and roadmaps - only incremental updates. I could be wrong, but updating the full voice control update is, from my perspective, the best/better practice.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Road Maps Update 1260 is now available at least in US.

The VolvoCars US webpage shows 1256, but 1260 will download.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #234

·
Registered
4 Posts
Voice Control File version?

For convenience, I added in Post #1 above the link to Voice control commands list which is http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9512/~/voice-commands. It is current as of 21 Feb. 2019, but hopefully the revision date will soon be updated to reflect the late April 2019 revision if there were any substantive changes.
I have had my XC40 for 1 week and am having difficulty getting the Nav to finding the address in the map of some of my contacts when I use voice control only. It was suggested to me to update the Voice Control file. How do I know what version voice control file I have and while I am at it what version of the maps I have.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #236 (Edited)
I have had my XC40 for 1 week and am having difficulty getting the Nav to finding the address in the map of some of my contacts when I use voice control only. It was suggested to me to update the Voice Control file. How do I know what version voice control file I have and while I am at it what version of the maps I have.

Thank you
Unfortunately, there no direct way to discover the installed version except via VIDA (I assume) which Volvo techs (and DIYs may) use.

Since the Voice Control Update was released sometime between 4/12/19 and 4/30/2019, yours probably is not current if your car was delivered before April 30, 2019. Dealers do not always install the latest roadmaps and voice control on Delivery. I do not know what PDS requires of the dealers.

You can download the file and install it. If your car was already current, it will not re-install it. Otherwise, it will have install it.

For English, I have found that I need to pronounce the commands and names the same way as Sensus pronounces them even if it is not exactly right. I have to pronounce my wife’s name as “Dah - sha” even though it is correctly pronounced “Doe - sha ”.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately, there no direct way to discover the installed version except via VIDA (I assume) which Volvo techs (and DIYs may) use.

Since the Voice Control Update was released sometime between 4/12/19 and 4/30/2019, yours probably is not current if your car was delivered before April 30, 2019. Dealers do not always install the latest roadmaps and voice control on Delivery. I do not know what PDS requires of the dealers.

You can download the file and install it. If your car was already current, it will not re-install it. Otherwise, it will have install it.

For English, I have found that I need to pronounce the commands and names the same way as Sensus pronounces them even if it is not exactly right. I have to pronounce my wife’s name as “Dah - sha” even though it is correctly pronounced “Doe - sha ”.
Thank you. I don't seem to have trouble finding the contact as it shows for some multiple addresses and I have to choose which one. After I choose it can't seem to find on the map.
I am loving the car but there are a few things like this, such as I modified and added to my contacts in google and when connected with bluetooth it does not see those changes/additions.

Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

Is there a way to confirm that the voice commands were indeed updated? I’ve updated 3 times now, it seems to accept the USB, asking for confirmation, but how do i know the update is complete? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Is there a way to confirm that the voice commands were indeed updated? I’ve updated 3 times now, it seems to accept the USB, asking for confirmation, but how do i know the update is complete? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There does not seem to be a direct way to know that the update is complete except for watching the install which can take up to 10 minutes.

Once the gray-bar display of [Voice Control update installing] disappears, the presumption is that it is complete. If voice control responds, then it would have been successful.

Not the best answer but that’s all that I can discern.

·
Registered
408 Posts
if you pull down the setting page while updating, you should see a message that says "installing voice database" (or something similar :D) but will not show any progress (unlike the map update process); once finished it will confirm the successful installation with another message. At least that is the only way I've found out in my MY16 xc90.

221 - 240 of 406 Posts