SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is an software update available in Nov 2019?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is, but keep in mind they’ll charge you for it. If you’re in NYC area Volvo of Huntington is having it as a complimentary thou.

Volvo for Life

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Anyone know if there is an software update available in Nov 2019?
Don’t know, but should be close if it applies to earlier model years for SPA.

This week, Nov. 4th, is Week 45 according to most calendars. Mid-year model upgrade usually occurs around Week 46 to Week 48. This, software updates seem to roll-out +/- the same time.

I have scheduled service for this Tuesday. I will post if I “notice” anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is, but keep in mind they’ll charge you for it. If you’re in NYC area Volvo of Huntington is having it as a complimentary thou.

Volvo for Life
I don't know where you got your information from. The last update listed in the Volvo website is on October 2019. Do you have any reference?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any information on what was updated on Oct 2019. The latest info I can find is Spring 2018?

·
Registered
857 Posts
What's in it?

Wife's XC90 will be getting a 30k service soon, will likely update to latest SW regardless of the cost since it's likely our very last dealer visit.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Do you have any information on what was updated on Oct 2019. The latest info I can find is Spring 2018?
October update was inclusive of:

Updates from and including October 2019
-Applies to Europe and China from and including model year 2018, not XC40, as well as the XC40 model year 2019: Improvement of engine management system optimisation.
-Applies to the S90, V90, S60, V60 from and including model year 2019, as well as the XC90, XC60, XC40 from and including model year 2018: Improvement of transmission system optimisation.

All update info is published here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/topics/maintenance-service/software-updates/software-updates

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer installed at my 30k service yesterday for free. I do have polestar, and instead of Dynamic on the instrument cluster it now says Polestar when switched to Dynamic mode. A few other changes also I've noticed.

·
Registered
382 Posts
This thread includes users/information from North America, Europe and Asia (Australia) so none of this information applies to all. I'm from NA and as far as I know the next update in NA is expected in late November and isn't available yet. I believe that the NA May update already included many of the updates included in the October UK update linked (at least based on the general descriptions provided). I'm just guessing but I expect almost all future updates will include continued transmission and engine management 'optimization' (tweaks) and anything they can do to speed up Sensus - since these are never ending tasks of minor refinement. Also, I hope that the auto pilot algorithms will continue to be improved. However, I'm not expecting much in terms of new functionality. With new electric versions on the horizon I suspect we'll be left with minor updates as Volvo focuses development on the new vs legacy (SPA) platforms. Some new apps would be nice but again as Volvo moves to native Android we're going to be left behind.

October update was inclusive of:

Updates from and including October 2019
-Applies to Europe and China from and including model year 2018, not XC40, as well as the XC40 model year 2019: Improvement of engine management system optimisation.
-Applies to the S90, V90, S60, V60 from and including model year 2019, as well as the XC90, XC60, XC40 from and including model year 2018: Improvement of transmission system optimisation.

All update info is published here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/topics/maintenance-service/software-updates/software-updates

·
Registered
369 Posts
Following. Can anyone confirm whether they received the Nov update? Based on the map/voice control sticky thread, it appears it was released (references Nov 4 update).

I have a service appt scheduled for Nov 18 and I'm hoping I can get the latest update for my one post-warranty SW update through 2020.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Following. Can anyone confirm whether they received the Nov update? Based on the map/voice control sticky thread, it appears it was released (references Nov 4 update).

I have a service appt scheduled for Nov 18 and I'm hoping I can get the latest update for my one post-warranty SW update through 2020.
Not yet.

The “November update” is a bit of a misnomer. It is commonly known as the semi-annual update. It is typically released in May and November (in the US anyway).

The update would usually update the Sensus Infotainment and driver support features and functions.

I suspect that more updates are being baked into the periodic TSU / Service 2.0.

Regardless, your timing is pretty good - Week 47 2019. Mine will be Week 46 if that is any consolation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Polestar Engineered drive mode on 2018 XC60 With May Update.

Hi,

I am trying to find some information about the polestar engineered drive mode. I have bought a 2018 Volvo XC60 on Nov 8th and have the dealer install Polestar optimization on the same day. As per the discussions I see that the May Update brings the Polestar Engineered drive mode replacing the Dynamic drive mode if the polestar optimization is installed. But I see no change in the drive mode on the drive modes. What am I missing here.

Thanks
Sujith G

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi,

I am trying to find some information about the polestar engineered drive mode. I have bought a 2018 Volvo XC60 on Nov 8th and have the dealer install Polestar optimization on the same day. As per the discussions I see that the May Update brings the Polestar Engineered drive mode replacing the Dynamic drive mode if the polestar optimization is installed. But I see no change in the drive mode on the drive modes. What am I missing here.

Thanks
Sujith G
Just means the dealer didn't update the car, or didn't install Polestar. But I'm going to go with that it's that they didn't update the main software suite at the same time.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
who really cares anymore. The stipulations to get Service 2.0 are so many and varied the chances are high that you aren't getting it for free.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
And they have to have volvo wifi...my deadbeat dealer doesnt. I dont think the other outfit in the state does either.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
During a factory scheduled maintenance is hardly so many stipulations.
If you drive 25k miles a year, a software update would be included on your first service but not the second. So yes, there are more stipulations than 'during a factory scheduled maintenance',

1 - 20 of 113 Posts