SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel like new glitches seem to come in waves on my car. I'll have a week where there are at least 1-2 a day for a week, then a couple weeks with nothing new. This is one of those bad weeks...

As of a couple days ago my average MPG was 22.something. It's been a few thousand miles since I reset it so that reflects a lot of average. I've driven less than 100 since then but today the car decided to put the Average MPH in the fourth/bottom pane of the main Sensis screen. Imagine my surprise when my new cumulative average was 6.2 MPG! Even if I had been driving ridiculously bad the last couple of days it's statistically impossible it would move the average that much. When I went to the full "Driver Performance" screen, it repeated the average of 6.2, but you could tell it was off because the average line in the graph was way below any of the bars when it should reflect the average of the bars.

In the order of magnitude this is a trivial glitch. It means I can't really trust the Driver's Performance data go-forward. Still annoying though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm pretty sure, given your status as one of the first owners, and since you haven't had any of the updates that seem to have been released in newly sold cars over the last few months, that you will soon have a much improved experience, no matter what... I sure hope so, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I'll have to look at the car but I noticed a glitch in the VOC app last weekend. I took a road trip to PA, about 180 miles. I only made one stop along the way so I went into the VOC app and merged the two segments of the trip and then looked at the average mpg for the trip. It was something like 85mpg. So I I merged the two segments and saw that one segment was listed at 0.0mpg, for aprox 60 miles, I forget the exact numbers. So anyway, I wonder if the glitch I found with it reporting the wrong numbers to the app are also affecting numbers within the car?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'll have to look at the car but I noticed a glitch in the VOC app last weekend. I took a road trip to PA, about 180 miles. I only made one stop along the way so I went into the VOC app and merged the two segments of the trip and then looked at the average mpg for the trip. It was something like 85mpg. So I I merged the two segments and saw that one segment was listed at 0.0mpg, for aprox 60 miles, I forget the exact numbers. So anyway, I wonder if the glitch I found with it reporting the wrong numbers to the app are also affecting numbers within the car?
Well the numbers come from the car via the cloud service. As they say, bad data in, bad data out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Check on your trip computer, is it way off there as well? I had the same issue with the 'driver performance' app showing a bizarre low (2.8!) mpg over the life of the car. I reset it and alls been well since. It seemed totally separate from both trip odos.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I guess it's not much to compare to, but my previous Lexus RX hybrid had all of this economy reporting stuff, and it never made any sense at all, never seemed to work beyond the current trip, etc. so the Sensus stuff in the XC90 is a vast improvement.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts

Good point fmfosnacht, I agree.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from another trip in the car and yet another new issue today. About 1 minute into the drive the headlights suddenly switched to daytime running instead of night (this was at 8:54pm so it had been dark for hours, and there was not an exceptional amount of ambient street light). At exactly the same time the dash screen switched to the daytime graphics colors for the navigation instead of the evening colors. It stayed that way for a moment until I toggled on the auto-high beam feature then it corrected itself.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ok... your car is definitely haunted! I really hope the November update fixes all or atlas most of your glitches!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.