SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there's the Latch system in the 1999 S70 T5 from Canada? If not do you know if it can be added to the car? <p>Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: Latch system in 1999 S70 T5 Canada (stryguy)

LATCH as in child seats? If that's what you meant, the answer is no.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yep.. LATCH as in child seats. <p>I was looking at other online resources and saw that the car has some type of car seat tether system. Anyone know what that is all about?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Yep.. LATCH as in child seats. <p>I was looking at other online resources and saw that the car has some type of car seat tether system. Anyone know what that is all about?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><br>In the US, I think that all Volvos starting with MY1999 had the tether anchors.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Latch system in 1999 S70 T5 Canada (GrecianVolvo)

Just jumping in - on the '98 V70, we have baby seat anchors (3 of them) which are mounted on the rear of the rear seat.<p>I don't know if that is what you are referring to, or if you are thinking of the ISOFIX attachment system - see the <A HREF="http://www.swedespeed.com/news/1999/09_99/09_14_99_8.html" TARGET="_blank">article here on SwedeSpeed</A>.<p>Cheers,<p>Rob<BR><BR>
[Modified by V70R.COM, 9:27 AM 12-2-2002]

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: Latch system in 1999 S70 T5 Canada (V70R.COM)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Just jumping in - on the '98 V70, we have baby seat anchors (3 of them) which are mounted on the rear of the rear seat.<p><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Are you the original owner of the '98 V70? I don't remember 1998 models having them. Volvo Retailers installed them at no charge if a 1998 owner requested them.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
197 Posts

I have a '99 S70 T5 from canada and it came with a bag in the glove box with bolts/anchors and stuff for a child seat of some sort, so I know it can be added to the car. Check with Volvo, tell them yours is "missing".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts