SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Volvo will be making wagons during our lifetime.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
What the heck is this? Looks like years old already concept drawing...
should be this...

with 400 hp ... I'd buy this in a hearbeat.
And since the new 2016 S90/v90 is based on the current XC90, we will get the T8 in it. So 450hp twin engine hybrid, triple turbocharged. So get your bank funds ready...

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
What the heck is this? Looks like years old already concept drawing...
GROSS! That looks like a Dodge Magnum with a Volvo grill!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Some more new pictures of actual car.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
400HP? Volvo will never make a wagon with 400HP stock.
They made an XC90 450hp stock, why not? The new S90 is based on the MKII XC90 SPA design, so the engine will fit. Think back to the Gen2 S80 when they had the 300hp T8 from the MKI XC90.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Why in the recent years does volvo feel the need to make the rear end look ugly as hell on so many cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is that ugly? Looks nice to me, The L shaped lights are really cued from the C chaped lights on the S90 counterpart, which came from the Volvo Concept Estate ( and XC concept). Which made everyone drool...

·
Registered
728 Posts
How is that ugly? Looks nice to me, The L shaped lights are really cued from the C chaped lights on the S90 counterpart, which came from the Volvo Coupe Concept.
Yeah, the taillights are fine, just the back is too rounded for me. I prefer a flat back, rounded ones remind me too much of an old ford taurus wagon.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Yeah, the taillights are fine, just the back is too rounded for me. I prefer a flat back, rounded ones remind me too much of an old ford taurus wagon.

Got to see it in person. I think camera lens does something funky to the pictures especially on the straight angles, to me it looks very similar to the Cross Country Concept overall shape aside from the taillight design, which is very square.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
As much as I like the new V90, the rear glass is not vertical enough for my taste. I prefer vertical rear glass to maximize the cargo capacity of the wagon body. The slanted rear glass looks more like a hatchback / SUV to me. For example, I can fit my large-size 29er full-suspension mountain bike in the back of my wagon without removing the front wheel. The front wheel is vertical at the rear of the cargo hold, and if the rear glass wasn't vertical, the bike wouldn't fit like it does.

Comparing the V70 vs. V60.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I think everything Volvo has designed since they started coming out with concepts for the newest platform has been gorgeous. I can't understand everyone's hate for the rear of the cars and the taillights, I think they're beautiful.

Whether or not you think something is ugly or not is completely subjective though.

It's also important to remember that pictures of a car without environment around it or other cars on the road to compare it is different than seeing the actual car in the wild. Seeing the car in reality sometimes makes some of the design cues make sense when you see it moving and from different angles.

·
Registered
728 Posts
As much as I like the new V90, the rear glass is not vertical enough for my taste. I prefer vertical rear glass to maximize the cargo capacity of the wagon body. The slanted rear glass looks more like a hatchback / SUV to me.
Yeah this is what I was trying to say

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As much as I like the new V90, the rear glass is not vertical enough for my taste. I prefer vertical rear glass to maximize the cargo capacity of the wagon body. The slanted rear glass looks more like a hatchback / SUV to me. For example, I can fit my large-size 29er full-suspension mountain bike in the back of my wagon without removing the front wheel. The front wheel is vertical at the rear of the cargo hold, and if the rear glass wasn't vertical, the bike wouldn't fit like it does.

Are you by chance an engineer?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts

i can fit my rm flatline and slayer in the back of my wagon, we need the full box! i bought a wagon so i could fit big things in it.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
How is that ugly? Looks nice to me, The L shaped lights are really cued from the C chaped lights on the S90 counterpart, which came from the Volvo Concept Estate ( and XC concept). Which made everyone drool...

Looks like a low brow inbred ape!

...Volvo isn't the only manufacturer guilty of this! I hope design trends change soon.

-1 would not buy (not that I' ever buy a new vehicle. Secondary market FTW :D)

+1 on the Tesla wagon regardless of how it looks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts