SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a 2006 2.5T AWD, and my original factory warranty is about to expire. Should I take it the dealer to run the full diagnostics on the car? Should I take it to an independent mechanic for an independent check of all major items (e.g. transmission, engine, bearings), to catch anything that is about to die? What are the major “trouble points” in 2.5T that I should pay attention to? I want to make sure I don’t miss anything major that may be failing, so I can ask the dealer for repairs now, not when the factory warranty goes away.<p>The car seems to be fine overall. The only major problems I’ve had in were a few episodes when I could not start the car. They replaced the starter the first time. About a year later same trouble, same symptoms, but that time they said it was software update issue, and applied the recall related to battery.<p>The only other thing is that I hear some rattling and clicking when I make a sharper turn, especially when the road sloping down a little. The rattling is coming somewhere from the front wheel area. The dealer replaced the “right-side bolt” somewhere (I didn’t go into details) and it got better, but did not totally go away. Should I be concerned? I don’t know if it relates to bearing, but I’ve heard that bearings can be a problem with this car.<br>

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd take this opportunity for them to re examine that noise. Have them go on a test drive with you, point out the noise and have them fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Last trip to dealer before warranty expires (virtu)

Hmm, I thought there would be more interest in this topic, considering all owners go through this milestone.<p>Here is an interesting question: If I tell the dealer I'm interested in purchasing the extended warranty, and do the required pre-purchase inspection, will the dealer be more motivated to find things that should be repaired on the remaining original warranty? or the opposite, they will try to postpone the repairs to have the extended warranty pay?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Last trip to dealer before warranty expires (virtu)

I am in the same situation - i am going to take XC90 to my old trusted indy and do oil change with full inspection -then if he finds any problems go to a dealer. IO got 2 months before warranty expires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts