SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love with the C30 in Chameleon Blue. This exterior color is listed as available for the 2012 models, but it appears this color was discontinued for 2013's. To complicate matters, I'd like to do my OSD in April or May 2013 (ideally).

So.... Is it possible to order 2012 model year vehicles through the end of the 2012 calendar year? Or do they stop letting you order these when the 2013's come out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
The chance to order a '12 vehicle has long passed at this point. The model year changeover probably happened at least two months ago.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You can usually order any Volvo color on OSD cars

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I am in love with the C30 in Chameleon Blue. This exterior color is listed as available for the 2012 models, but it appears this color was discontinued for 2013's. To complicate matters, I'd like to do my OSD in April or May 2013 (ideally).

So.... Is it possible to order 2012 model year vehicles through the end of the 2012 calendar year? Or do they stop letting you order these when the 2013's come out?

Thanks!
You have six months to take delivery for an OSD order, so you can plan your trip/ordering accordingly......the planning leading up to the actual ordering was a lot of fun.....enjoy!!! :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
As Bob and others have said, the last day to custom order a 2012 Volvo via Overseas Delivery is long gone. It was March 30, 2012.

However the statement below is not exactly correct:

You can usually order any Volvo color on OSD cars

There are often exterior colors available via Oversea Delivery that are not available with a regular US purchase. These unique colors are denoted by a little square icon on the Overseas Delivery specifications guide for each model.

But you can't order any Volvo exterior color via Overseas Delivery even if the color is available for that Model Year. For example I have a customer who iordering a 2013 S60 via Overseas Delivery this week. She loves the Celestial Blue exterior color of the C70. Unfortunately Celestial Blue is only available for the C70 even if you order via Overseas Delivey. So her new S60 will be Caspian Blue.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Volvo still has that carte blanche program for the top 5 OSD retailers. Yannis said the program was still in effect.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Volvo still has that carte blanche program for the top 5 OSD retailers. Yannis said the program was still in effect.
Nick,

The Volvo Overseas Delivery Exterior Color Pilot Program was launched at the start of 2008 for the Volvo 2008 Model Year. It was a test program that might have been extended into the Volvo 2009 Model Year. Although a few others and I had customers who utilized this special exterior color selection it was discontinued. In addition the program expanded the color choices for the Volvo range of models but it did not allow you to order any Volvo color for any Volvo model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts