SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put on Koni FSDs on my 2001 S60 T5. I'm not crazy about Koni only having inserts on the front, so you have to cut open the old strut and bolt the insert in. So far car seems to ride a bit higher (I didin't measure ride height yet) and the ride doesn't seem any more smooth than when I've had Bilsteins on other cars (a bit more jiggly than stock). However, response to sharp irregularities in the road is less jarring than with Bilsteins. Hopefully those bolts will hold the insert in over the life of the car - they're held in place with threadlocker and a lockwasher. Now to work up the guts to drill holes in the trunk to put on a spoiler.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Koni FSD (sevarino)

As a folow up - I've had the Koni FSDs on for a week. The car does not feel as if it handles as well (more body roll) and I can't say it's a major transformation like I've experienced with Bilsteins on my other cars (2 850s, SAAB 900). Along with Koni only providing strut inserts instead of a full strut, I'd recommend to those wanting to keep stock springs that they stick with Bilstein HDs and pass on Koni FSDs.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Koni FSD (sevarino)

Put an M3 small spoiler on, I did (Tape only)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts